Honored Contributor

What kind of potato dishes recipes do you have to share?

In another post today, found out it's National French Fry day.  I love potatoes and any product from them (chips).  Wonder if there's a nutritional thing in the body, that drives someone to want this starch?

Anyway, potato day for recipes.  What do you have to share?

Honored Contributor

Re: What kind of potato dishes recipes do you have to share?

My potato salad has no amounts because I've made it so often, but here goes . Boil potatoes , the cool slightly and dice.  Add chopped onion and just enough vinaigrette to just moisten potatoes. Put in fridge till cool, meanwhile mix Mayo and sour cream mixed with diced , seeded cucumbers. Add Mayo mixture to cooled potatoes and season to taste. I never have leftovers . 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@qualitygal 

I would imagine you love potatoes for the same reason babies love them.

Potatoes begin to metabolise in the mouth into sugar as most starch does.

Esteemed Contributor

I picked up a bag of Ore Ida frozen hashbrowns.

Going to make the Cracker Barrel hashbrown casserole dupe recipe. 

Cold & rainy up here!

Honored Contributor

SpudsWoman Very Happy---my fave carb---I love them scalloped, as a salad, mashed,smashed, french fried, hash browned, baked and stuffed,cheesy, herbed, gnocchied-- but---they are not my friend anymore and DD can't have any dairy. so they are a very rare treat---big, HUGE, sigh-------------Woman Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

PAN ROASTED LEMON POTATOES WITH DILL
(10 mins)

Ingredients

• 1 lb. baby red or yellow potatoes
  • 3 to 4 tbsp. butter
  • 1 lemon, juice of
  • 2 tsp fresh snipped dill (optional)
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Instructions

1. Place the whole potatoes (or large pieces) in a shallow, microwave safe glass bowl in a single layer (you may need to do two batches if they don't all fit). Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, making sure to the potatoes are not touching the plastic wrap.
  2. Microwave on high for 4 minutes and 30 seconds. Be careful when removing from microwave, as the dish will be very hot. Uncover and slice each potato in half.
  3. Meanwhile heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. When the skillet is hot toss in the potatoes, 3 tbsp of butter and 1/2 of the lemon juice, stir to coat the potatoes. Season with salt and pepper, and the dill. Let the potatoes caramelize
  4. in the pan, by stirring just twice per minute, until they are golden brown on all sides. Add more butter and more lemon juice if desired. Enjoy!
Honored Contributor

I think this recipe rivals twice baked potatoes!

Bone Fish Restaurant 

Potatoes AuGratin

Potatoes AuGratin --Bonefish Copycat

INGREDIENTS

• 2 potatoes, peeled, chopped into 1 inch cubes
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1 tbsp flour
  • 1 garlic clove, grated
  • 1/2 to 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/4 to 1/2 tsp fresh cracked pepper
  • 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
  • 1/2 Gruyere cheese, freshly grated
  • 1 about 1 tbsp butter, for greasing the pan.

PREPARATION

STEP 1

Peel and cube the potatoes into about 1 inch cubes.
In a mixing bowl, add the cream, flour, garlic, salt, and pepper together with 1/4 cup cheddar cheese and 1/4 cup of the Gruyere. Add the potatoes and coat evenly.
Grease the ramekins or oven safe dish with butter. Divide the potato mixture evenly among the dishes, making sure that the cream is also evenly distributed.
Top with the remaining Gruyere and Cheddar cheese, and a sprinkle of more pepper.
Cover with foil and bake at 400 degrees F for about 35 minutes. Remove the foil and allow the gratin to brown and crisp for another 15 to 20 minutes!

Respected Contributor

Oh, I love potatoes in any which way, except for potato salad, altho I make it for DH.

They are good baked, boiled, microwaved and fried.

Some times I will bake one in the oven. I love the crispy skin.

However, i really limit myself because I am weight conscious and it is heavy on the hips.

I think I have a genetic propensity...The Irish Heart their pratties Woman Very Happy

Frequent Contributor

Potatoes & Onions: 

2 russet potatoes, sliced

2 vidalia onions, sliced

butter

freshly ground pepper

Place foil in baking pan.  Layer potatoes & onions on top of foil.  Top with pats of butter and pepper generously.  Repeat layers until used up.  Cover with foil.

Bake 350 for one hour.  Serve with sour cream.

Delicious!

Esteemed Contributor

My son makes these in single servings.  Calls them, "Camp 'taters" cause you can put them in a fire to cook!  Very good eating!