Trusted Contributor

Re: What is English Muffin Bread?

@NorthernLights wrote:

I absolutely love it, Daring Greatly. It is shaped like a regular loaf of bread, as was already mentioned. You can definitely toast it, and to me, it does get crispy in the toaster.

I happen to think that it is a good value too, when you buy it this way. It's routinely sold in the markets in my area. When it is a special somewhere on sale, I will usually pick some up. Cat Happy

Well, I went and bought it today at Safeway.   I had an omlette tonight and wanted to try it.   It smells good, but unfortunately, it had no taste.   To me, it tasted more like white bread.   I am disappointed.   I love bread and was looking forward to it.  Perhaps the Safeway bakery isn't the best in making it.  

Oh well, I would have rather spent my money on a cinnamon loaf.  

Thanks for all the great replies.  I'll have to try it somewhere else, I guess.

Contributor

I have been making this English Muffin Bread for many years and it is one of the easiest types of bread to make and it is delicious.  In fact I just made two loaves yesterday.Smiley Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

I made it last winter using a recipe from Pinterest and it was excellent as toast. I'll have to look up the recipe and make it again soon.

Honored Contributor

When I lived back east I would buy it all the time and really enjoyed it w/a cup of tea. Haven't seen it here on the west side of MI.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

@Lynneuk wrote:

I made it last winter using a recipe from Pinterest and it was excellent as toast. I'll have to look up the recipe and make it again soon.

Would you share it here please? Thanks!

Super Contributor

I remember this growing up, I didn't realize it was still sold.....  I loved it!  It really needs to be toasted to taste the best.  It is a denser bread - but as I remember had really good flavor. I need to check out our Safeway in CA.....