Contributor
I've had my Vitamix for quite a few years. What do you use it for besides making smoothies and soup? I need to use this expensive appliance sitting on my counter.
Contributor

Re: Vitamix recipes, please.

Honored Contributor

@3threecats   I use mine daily: sauces, dressings (so much better than store bought), soups, ice cream, etc.

Just google and you will have a plethora at your fingertips: 41 recipes for Vitamix...

Esteemed Contributor

I had the same problem so sold mine to my dental hygienist who wanted one so badly. Also got rid of 2 BIG Kitchen aid food processors.  It was a nightmare with all its parts. 

Valued Contributor

Not a recipe, but, I love chopping up fresh vegetables in my vitamix, especially for soup.  I prefer the wet method of chopping, example add quartered onions and enough water to make them float, pulse a couple of times to achieve how course you want the chop.  Then drain in a colander or keep the veggie water as part of your broth for added flavor to your soup.  Also use my Vitamix when making my egg bite mixture.  

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you
Honored Contributor

@Chicagoan wrote:

Not a recipe, but, I love chopping up fresh vegetables in my vitamix, especially for soup.  I prefer the wet method of chopping, example add quartered onions and enough water to make them float, pulse a couple of times to achieve how course you want the chop.  Then drain in a colander or keep the veggie water as part of your broth for added flavor to your soup.  Also use my Vitamix when making my egg bite mixture.  

Thanks for this hot tip. I never thought of this technique.