Honored Contributor

Re: Tis the Season....for Candy recipes!

On 10/26/2014 chips said:

I have not made saltine toffee for many years. You have motivated me. Thank you.

This recipe was shared on this bulletin but I did not include the author. This is very good.

Easy recipe....crockpot on low...
2lbs lightly salted dry roasted peanuts....
16 oz bag of Milk Chocolate morsels;
1 block of Bakers German Sweet Chocolate;
and 1 block of Almond bark.
Place all together in the crock pot than go about your business for approximately 3 hrs.
Turn crock pot on low.
I than spoon out on wax paper and let cool.
I have also seen people place them in the mini cupcake liners.
These are better than chocolate covered peanuts you get in the store.

I made this a couple days ago, I agree...delicious...and could not be any easier. I did use the mini muffin/cupcake liners...perfect, made 100, which is how many were in the package. Thanks for sharing this recipe.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

PamelaSue72, I made your Best Ever Nut Brittle today, very good and easy. I have another recipe for it, but wanted to try yours. They are nearly identical, yours may be a little quicker, which I like. Thanks for posting all these recipes.

"To each their own, in all things".
Trusted Contributor

I used to make caramels on the stove top every year until I discovered this microwave caramel recipe. It is every bit as good as the stove top version and so much easier to make!

Microwave Caramels

1/4 c. butter

1/2 c. white sugar

1/2 c. brown sugar

1/2 c. light Karo syrup

1/2 c. sweetened condensed milk

Combine all ingredients. Cook 6 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes. Stir and pour into a lightly greased dish. Let cool. Cut and wrap in waxed paper and store in an air-tight container.

Trusted Contributor

I have to confess that I make my peanut brittle in the microwave as well. Actually, I make macadamia nut brittle because that's how I roll {#emotions_dlg.devil2} Couldn't be easier. Here's the recipe (use whatever kind of nut you like):

• Nut Brittle
  • Ingredients
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup light corn syrup
  • 1 cup peanut, dry roasted, salted
  • 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda

Directions

1. Lay a piece of parchment paper over a large cookie sheet. Set aside.
  2. Combine sugar and corn syrup in a 2qt. glass bowl. Microwave (on power level 7) for 4 minutes. {I use a 1500watt microwave}
  3. Remove and stir in peanuts quickly using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon. Return to microwave and heat for 3 ½ minutes (on power level 7).
  4. Remove and stir in butter and vanilla extract. Return to microwave for an additional 1 ½ minutes (on power level 7).
  5. Remove and stir in baking soda, mixing until light and foamy. Pour over parchment paper and spread to desired thickness, working quickly.
  6. Allow peanut brittle to set and harden at room temperature (about 2 hours). Break into desired sized pieces and store in an airtight container for up to one week.
Valued Contributor

Can anyone tell me the measurement for the gelatin used in the marshmallows? I have containers of unflavored gelatin and this could be a way to use it. TIA

Trusted Contributor

On 10/27/2014 DiamondGirly said:
On 10/25/2014 polar said:

Anyone have a smooth melt in your mouth fudge recipe? It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I, personally, am not real fond of the grainy-type of fudge, unless the ingredients compensate for it...ha!

You may have seen this recipe floating around out there. It's been on these boards before, I know... It's got a smooth texture and rich flavor. I've been making it about 15 years now, among a few other recipes I use.

This recipe is SO EASY and makes a 9 x 13-inch pan full, but you can 1/2 it to make less.

Here it is, in case you haven't seen it:

Creamy Chocolate Fudge Creamy Chocolate Fudge (Gloria)

1 (11oz.) pkg. semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 (11oz.) pkg. milk chocolate morsels
2 cans Sweetened Condensed Milk (not evaporated)
1 teaspoon salt
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup (or more) chopped nuts, if desired

Put all morsels, milk, and salt into a 3-quart saucepan and cook on medium heat, stirring constantly. After the chocolate is completely melted, remove from heat.

Stir in vanilla and nuts (optional).

Pour the mixture into a waxed paper lined 9"x13" pan.

Cool in refrigerator, then slice into squares. ENJOY!!

This is the fudge recipe I use. You can add the following if you want to spice things up a bit:

Marshmallow Fudge: After stirring the fudge until smooth, add in 1 c. miniature marshmellows until the marshmallows are just covered. Do not stir too much or the marshmallows will melt.

Rocky Road Fudge: Fold in 1 cup of unsalted peanuts (or nut of choice) in addition to 1.5 c. miniature marshmallows (see above).

Peppermint Fudge: Add in 1/4 tsp. peppermint extract and stir until fudge is smooth. After putting fudge in pan, sprinkle the top with 1 c. Andes Peppermint Chunks or crushed candy cane pieces.

Spicy Mexican Chocolate Fudge: Add 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper

Trusted Contributor

On 12/4/2014 Beauty$Junkie said:

Can anyone tell me the measurement for the gelatin used in the marshmallows? I have containers of unflavored gelatin and this could be a way to use it. TIA

I googled it, and this is what I found:

1 packet of Knox unflavored gelatin is 0.25 ounces, which is about 2 1/2 teaspoons.

Trusted Contributor

I'm bumping this up so I can find all these yummy recipes and print them out later. Thanks to all for all of these terrific ideas!