Chocolate Rice Krispie Balls

Chocolate Rice Krispie Balls

/><br/> <br/> </span><span style=½ cup peanut butter

3 tbsps soft butter

1 tsp vanilla

1 cup Rice Krispies

½ cup chopped pecans

1 cup shredded coconut

Mix together,refrigerate for a half hour and form into balls. Return to fridge and let chill at least an hour.

Melt the following together in a double –boiler:

1 package chocolate chips,

1 square sweet chocolate

Keep on low so that chocolate remains soft.

Drop balls into chocolate mixture one at a time using a fork to roll them so that the chocolate will cover. Let set on parchment paper in fridge.

Read more: http://harpazo.proboards.com/thread/24224/chocolate-rice-krispie-balls#ixzz3KyzREUhk

Honored Contributor

Re: Chocolate Rice Krispie Balls

Thank you for posting this recipe. I want to make something like this for a holiday function, but did not want the usual chocolate peanut butter ball. I am also intrigued by this recipe for another reason as well. As a child I can remember eating candy very similar to this, but was never been able to find a recipe for it among my aunts cookbooks. My mother tried to convince me I was remembering peanut butter balls, but I have held to my memory of there being crunch, nuts and coconut in the candy my aunt made, although I never found a recipe to support my memory until I saw this. I am excited to try this candy! Thank you!
Respected Contributor

Does the chocolate coating set up firmly so that it doesn't melt and run? I'm wondering because there is no paraffin in the coating..

KatieB

Respected Contributor

KatieB - It sets up fine; I've made different kinds of chocolate candies, have never used paraffin, and have never had a problem.

Super Contributor

These look fabulous! Thanks for the recipe and pictures.