Honored Contributor

Ok I like cream cheese, but honestly every freaking recipe on TikTokcalls for a brick of cream cheese ! Then they usually throw in a stick or two of butter and a copious amount of regular cheese. It's a lot. 😂

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

They are apparently trying to squeeze as much fat and calories as possible into one recipe.  You may invest at lot of $$ in ingredients only to have a failure.  I haven't had good luck with Facebook recipes and now just ignore them.  Same with TikTok.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Ok I like cream cheese, but honestly every freaking recipe on TikTokcalls for a brick of cream cheese ! Then they usually throw in a stick or two of butter and a copious amount of regular cheese. It's a lot. 😂

@QVCkitty1 You are 100 percent correct on that!  That's pretty funny because today I told my husband that every recipe I've seen lately, and I don'twatch TikTok, calls for a gob of cream cheese or two cups of mayonnaise.  

Neither of us are fans of really creamy, gooey food, and have always selected Mexican restaurants that don't pile on the cheese, and pizza that has a lot less cheese. Sure seems to be a trend now.

Hmmm.  Time to buy stock in Weight Watchers (are they still around?).

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

They are apparently trying to squeeze as much fat and calories as possible into one recipe.  You may invest at lot of $$ in ingredients only to have a failure.  I haven't had good luck with Facebook recipes and now just ignore them.  Same with TikTok.

@Kachina624 , Occasionally, I will see a recipe that sounds good, ( usually on Instagram ), but I' relatively new to Tik Tok and so far the amount of dairy is over the top. When I see that slow cooker come out , I know cream cheese can't be far behind. 🤣

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

China owns TikTok. 

Honored Contributor

@DJP wrote:

China owns TikTok. 

@DJP , Does that account for the cream cheese ?  Also, that doesn't bother me Half as much as Elon Musk owning Twitter.

Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

P

@DJP wrote:

China owns TikTok. 

@DJP    The Chinese can afford the calories.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Speaking of Tik Tok, the government is considering banning it here in the US.  China has/can hack into accounts.

Just some food for thought if you are  a member.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I adore cream cheese and I love the new Twitter.  I have not seen much on TikTok that impresses me.  I get most of my recipes here or on Pinterest.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

I adore cream cheese and I love the new Twitter.  I have not seen much on TikTok that impresses me.  I get most of my recipes here or on Pinterest.

@beckyb1012 , Bless your heart.

Daniel Patrick Moynihan