Respected Contributor

Hello friends ... it was a quiet day here too!! spent time on the patio "gliding" 😁

My FIL (rip) was a Merchant Marine and he always felt bad that they weren't recognized ... he was never given any benefits of being a Veteran ... too bad he wasn't around to see it finally happen ...

See you later ...

D ~ Dumplings

E ~ NEXT

Valued Contributor

Good morning ~

Tootie, what a shame that your FIL wasn't recognized as a Veteran and now the M.M.'s are  recognized.  So many brave men and women gave their lives for our freedom.  Thank you to each and every one!  How cute tthat LG hid a puppy in the cupboard.😊  She sounds like such a cutie!  What a memory to share with her when she is older.

walker, hope you got a great day grilling the first meal of the season.  Always something good on the grill.🥩🍗🍔  

kittyfan, hope all is well with you and you were able to get some sleep.  

Lab for me this morning, then home to try to catch the Memorial Concert on U tube or another channel showing a re-run.  We will have  a warm 88 today - perfect for grilling!  I sure hope SIL does.🤞  Have a great day!

Passing the coffee ~

E - Extra meat and veggies for grilling  or Edamame

F next

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor

Good morning friends ... cookie, I hope have a good ride in for your lab work ... we'll have another warm day too ... high of 83 for me! I bet your SIL grills for you today.

My allergies are really bad this year ... those "whirly bird" or "helicopter" seeds are plentiful ... yesterday they were coming off the trees so bad that it looked like it was snowing ... they are everywhere!!

I've got to run to the store this morning ... the kids come tomorrow and I have to stock up on fruit and vegetables ... LG absolutely loves both of those ... and boy can he eat!!

Shout out to walker and kittyfan ... 👋👋

Have a good day ... pouring and passing.

F ~ French Bread

G ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

Good Morning Friends!  ☕️☀️🇺🇸

Happy Tuesday!  This will be a confusing week with holiday yesterday.  

cookie and kittyfan, we will be sharing your TX heat this week.....all 80's....today about 88...even some 90's coming...🥵.  Good luck with lab work, cookie.

Tootie, hats off and big salute to your FIL...RIP....for serving in Merchant Marines.  They provided important support to troops.  Like Vietnam Veterans, they were not given proper recognition on their service.  DH is Vietnam Veteran and always felt the same about how they were treated.  At least DH still alive to start seeing it, not so for your FIL so.... 👍👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏!

We get those "helicopters" falling off trees too....yard is full of them....more to come.  Every year...since I was a kid...I watch them whirl to ground this time of year.   cookie and kittyfan, guess you would have to Google Maple trees and see if description of these comes up.

Queen's Laundromat will be busy today.....so guess I'll get the day started.  Again, Happy TUESDAY to all! 😊

G ..... Gold Medal Flour

NEXT .... H 

⬆️ ⁉️.... 😡

Respected Contributor
Good evening

Saluting Tooties FIL. Sad they were not recognized. Vietnam Nam vets treated badly.

Quiet day in my corner. A tad cooler. Few rain drops.

Tootie: I love thatcLG is so creative and eats well.hate to see kids only eat chicken tenders and frjes!!!

H: helicopter trees. Or hash browns

I: next

Oops forget to put Coffee on.
Valued Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

Good morning ~  

No worries kittyfan, I put some coffee on a minute ago.  Go for it!!!  

It was certainly hot yesterday.  Had a long wait at the Lab - Holiday? and so many people were fasting.  Took longer than expected but met some nice people to chat with while waiting.  Came home and ate breakfast and more coffee.  I got a call from the doctor's nurse that I have a check up appointment for the Watchman procedure on Friday the 16th and will require a driver.  Nurse told me they stick a thing down your throat to make sure the implant thing went okay.  Of course there will be anesthesia.  My G'son will take me at 5AM for the 8AM procedure and my GD will pick me up around 9:30AM.  Love those kids (they are grown and not kids anymore!😄😊) Computer issues off and on.  DS will connect with Quick Assist a.k.a. QA#2.  There is only one QA!

Tootie and walker,  wondering about your falling Hellicopter flowers?  Never heard of them and am going to look up Maple trees as walker suggested.  

Tootie,have a great time with the kids and watch out for puppies in strange places😄  Good that they love vegs and fruit.  I agree with kittyfan - not good to eat so much junk food. 

walker, you have gotten some heat up your way.  Wow!  It must be everywhere! Enjoy it and at least it's not snow and ice.  

Passing the coffee ~

I - Ice cream sundae  with a lot of hot fudge and no cherry

J next

Respected Contributor

Good morning friends ... ugh cookie, a long wait to get your labwork done ... at least you got to chit chat with people ... that's quite a check up for your procedure ... how are you feeling with that now? any issues?

Shout out to kittyfan and walker ... 👋👋

Have a good day ... pouring and passing ... we'll be running through the sprinkler today ... high of 85! ... stay cool everyone!!

See you later ... cookie, I'm not a fan of the maraschino cherries they put on the Ice Cream Sundaes but love the "real" cherries and anything cherry ...

J ~ Jelly/Jam

K ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Friends!  ☕️☀️🇺🇸

Happy WEDNESDAY!  Hope it is a good one...always good here with coffee and friends.  kittyfan, ok to forget the coffee once in awhile so cookie doesn't forget how to do it.😅  Just glad I'm not puttng it on since I seem to be having a problem with my machine.  The last couple of days we have found too many coffee grounds in our cups. I've checked filters to make sure not ripped....can't figure it out....may need a new coffee maker....we'll see...maybe fluke.

Tootie, have fun with LG and LS....wonder where LG will hide a "surprise" for you today....😁.

cookie, not good to wait long for bloodwork when you have not eaten!  Guess misery loves company and you had others to talk to while waiting.  Glad GS and GD can help you out for the Watchman check up in couple of weeks.  Did doctor take you off blood thinners after procedure or is that yet to come?

Helicopters....from trees.....I'll look them up too out of curiosity....basically seeds in a hook-shape...seed on end with kind of tail fin....probably bad description.  They hang in trees and eventually drop....some take root and another tree starts to grow....if on lawn DH quickly mows over them...haha.

Taking car in today for estimate on damage from FL incident.  Small damage = big bill probably.  Will let you know how it goes.

Bye for now....stay cool....hope Tootie doesn't get sprayed by LG! 😂

K ..... Kellogg's Special K

NEXT ....L 

Respected Contributor
Missed a call. Called back left a VM. Finally called back. Hello check messages!

Coffee pot om

L: lemon bars

M; next
Valued Contributor

Good morning ~

Happy June 1st!  Time sure flies.  Did we have any fun?  With SCC, of course we did and do.  Kicking off June 1 with 88-90 temps.  

walker and Tootie, my Watchman procedure has had no issues and the doc hasn't taken me off blood thinners yet, as they usually do after the check up.  Regarding the Helicopter seeds🚁, They are actually kind of pretty from the pictures I saw.  I have seen them before and not known what they were😕.    Don't know if there are any in Texas but glad we don't have any.  

kittyfan, VM is nice, but I often forget to check it and have missed some important as well as some unimportant stuff.  Hope you are catching up on some sleep.  Any news from Kristen at the Cafe?  I saw a mention of the Comfort Cafe in San Antonio and how wonderful it is - food and people!  

Have to pick up meds this morning.  Wish they would have notified me yesterday when I went to the bank across the street and it could have been only one trip saving gas 🤔  Stared at the pretty play date horses and Longhorns yesterday for a few minutes while waiting for the washing machine to buzz.  Too hot to stay out for long.  They are so pretty and each one was different. 

Passing the coffee ~

M - MIMOSAS!     Tootie's Marvelous Mimosas! 🥂🥂🥂

N next