Valued Contributor

Good morning ~  

Wierd stuff trying to sign in.  It took me to the main sales sign in.  I thought why not?  It worked?  I signed in with my regular Q password???!!! Crazy but glad I got on after 3 days in a row of staying on.

kittyfan, is the Cafe called The Comfort Cafe?  I saw devastation and damges on the news while I was getting my nails done  They mentioned that name and I was wondering if that was your Cafe?  So sad to see all the hard work damaged. They interviewed one lady but I forgot her name.

How fun Tootie!  It sure is really fun shopping for baby clothes except when you get home and figure out just how much you spent on the adorable little outfits! 🥰😮  How cute is LS going to look in her new clothers!!!  Lucky Grammie. Pink!!

walker, sorry to hear about no more manicures - split nails.  I have found that doing everything by hand seems to be better - no problems. I hope your doing your own provides an answer.  Just think - you may become Queen of manicures.  Another crown 👑

Q queen emjoi.jpg

Passing the coffee ~

U - Gee Tootie, you left me a hard one!! 😄  hmmmm.....UB's

V - next         another hard one!

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor

Good morning friends ... I didn't have to try to sign on today, I was already signed on!

cookie, another crown for our Queen is perfect ... one that she can dab a little of the color of her nail polish color on every time she uses one ... what a colorful crown it will be!! 😁

I'm a little ticked off this morning ... people down on the block behind us decided it would be fun to shoot off fireworks last night ... there are a lot of remnants in our yard this morning ... I told DH I'd like to gather them up and bring them around, ring the doorbell and tell them "you left this in our yard!" 😡 I really don't know who (or why) it was decided that it would be a good idea to make those legal!! Rant over ...

Shout out to walker and kittyfan 📣

We'll have a 78 degree day but with low humidity day ... planning a bike ride 🚲

Have a good day ... pouring and passing. oh cookie, thanks for the V ... now I've got to do some serious thinking .. hmm ...

V ~ VELVEETA!! ... not sure how I thought of that .. 🤔

W ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Friends!  🇺🇸☕️☁️

Happy Saturday to everyone!  Looks like rain and storms may be moving in today and Sunday....☹️....there go the outdoor plans with friends arriving tomorrow.  Good thing I did not plan on DH grilling.

Tootie, love your idea about gathering up the firework remnants in your yard.  I would be mad too!  Some people have no consideration for others...or their property.  

cookie, my nails are slowly getting better since I am my own "manicurist" these days.  This happened once before so I quit the manicures.  Then went back and got one.  When I went in I knew I had one split nail.  About a week or so later I had more!  Coincidence? I really think it was the filing.   So, back to just getting pedicures.  I laughed about the new crown....thanks!  Dabbing nail polish on will help me remember which colors I use too!   HA!  

Busy day finishing up some preps here for tomorrow so better get going.  More important....I must take time out for a UB..or two...haha....must be a well-rested hostess! 😂

See you later......enjoy your day.

W ..... Watermelon

NEXT ..... X 

Honored Contributor

Re: Thyme For Fun!

[ Edited ]

Hi friends......just back from a short walk....started sprinkling so I didn't take my usual route.  I wore my windbreaker but got tired of fighting my hood to stay up and on!  

So, did you get your bike ride in, Tootie?  Meant to tell you that the cholesterol thing is frustrating ....yes, in almost everything unless you live on fruit and veggies...which I love....same thing with eating chicken and fish...healthier than beef but I want some good beef sometimes.  Sigh!!  
SO....I try to live in moderation ...keyword..."try"..😂.

We'll see how well my moderation works when I have my blood test next week.

All for now.......hello TEXAS....cookie and kittyfan!

X ...... Xtra Glass of 🍷😁

NEXT ..... Y 

Respected Contributor

cookie:  yes Comfort Cafe. They probably interviewed Teri. One of the founders. 

Finished up my TS rotation. Happy to have this complete. A few new personalities!!!

Dropped the deposit. Stopped at food truck. The owner was arriving as I drove up. They took my order and delivered to me as I waited. Food is really good 

Going to take a UB!!!  

Saw a report from FL They found a kitty from towers. Owners happy to see it. So sad but families are getting closure. 

X:  xtra hugs

Y:  next

Respected Contributor

Hello ... kittyfan, glad you enjoyed a meal from the Food Truck ... and I saw about the kitty that they found! so cute! .. on your rotation for the TS do you work one week out of the month?

walker, we did not get our bike ride in ... so much for no humidity ... it got super hot and humid here this afternoon ... but we did take a drive down to the water and walked around the canal ... lots of boats and people ... and it was a lot cooler down there ...

cookie, hope you had a good day ...

Have a good night ... see you tomorrow.

Y ~ Yogurt

Z ~ NEXT

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning ~

kittyfan, thank you for answering about the Cafe.  I hope they can repair/renew all the flood damages.  They seem like such nice people.  Fun to enjoy Food Trucks.  Most of them have good food. There was a Taco food truck parked across from my nail salon for a long time and ohhh, the aromas...YUM!

Tootie, How nice that you  enjoyed your walk around the canal.  Glad it was cooler - hard to find with all the humidity. Can we start the countdown yet Grammie - PINK!

walker,  enjoy your guests!  Hope you got a good UB in and you are the well rested hostess and there is NO RAIN!

DD and SIL went down (near Houston) to a birthday celebration for some friends yesterday and won't be back until this afternoon.  Dogs serenaded me most of the night.  They all start barking, yipping, yowling - think Canine Quartet (only 4 participated)  The barking went on every hour or so.  Anoher nignt of cat naps for me.  They all greeted me with - what, who me innocence looks this morning..

Passing the coffee ~ 

Z - zucchini bread

A next 

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning friends ... cookie, I wonder if the dogs thought that maybe you would forget about them and decided no way was that going to happen ... 🐶🎶🎵 ... enjoy your UB's today ... we have about 3 1/2 weeks before LS arrives ...

walker, I hope that the weather is going to cooperate today for you ... have fun with your friends.

kittyfan, hope all is well.

Well, it was supposed to be a nice day today but things have changed ... they're calling for rain off and on all day long ...

Have a good day ... pouring and passing.

A ~ Apple turnovers ... to go with our coffee

B ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Friends!  🇺🇸☕️☔️

Looks like an on/off rainy day here....😟...can't control it...so, inside we will be.  They won't arrive until later this afternoon.  Tomorrow they will leave after breakfast so I will check in here after they have left.

I laughed (sorry) about your Canine Quartet, cookie. Maybe they all wanted to get in bed with you. 😂  Sure hope they let you have peaceful UBs today.  

Anyone interested in a Space Flight? 🚀 I guess one is taking off today and eventually they will allow paying customers.  No thanks!!  But, just the thought of "SCC Goes Into Space"....is hilarious!  

Happy Sunday!  Keep Laughing!  Have a good day!

B ..... Banana Bread 

NEXT .... C 

Respected Contributor
Good afternoon. Decided to skip church. Had set my alarm but woke up with a headache.

On Friday we had a lady whose blood sugar dropped. Fortunately we had two nurses. Nurse Brenda stepped up. One other time we had an incident when I was there. Different group. Retired medic stepped up.

There are six churches in the rotation. We have community volunteers not associated with a church but most are members of a church. My group is smsll so we partner. I am happy to partner

We close Holy week, Thanksgiving and two weeks at Christmas.

On Saturday had the store phone. Lady called to complain. We were too expensive, things stay forever (nottrue) we won't go down etc. I passed along her comments. Pricing is such a guessing game. Some people price too low or too high.

Walker enjoy your guests

Tootie: counting d own!!

Cookie: oh the chorus.

Wheni was coming home on Friday approaching street. Saw what I thought was a dog. When I went by thought no. Then I saw the second. Baby deer. I saw on next door a fella was walk I ng dog one evening. Almost to their door when charged by a deer. Probably had baby. Still very unsettling.

C: chocolate chip cookies

D: next