Valued Contributor

Good morning ~  Happy Day After.  Hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving.  Just glad it's over.  UB's all around.  Even though I have been resting, I am tired of resting and almost everything you do involves bending, stooping or lifting  I have caught myself doing this .  This too will pass.

Thanks for the shout out kittyfan!  It was so nice to hear from bigkat and FHG.  Hope they stop by more often.  I often wonder about KathyinCO too.  

No plans for today.  We will enjoy 76 today but right now it is 38.  Thankful for warm weather.  DS in San Diego said it was in the 90's!!!!  Go figure this crazy weather.

Passing the coffee ~

H = heavy cast iron pots

I is next

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor

Good morning friends .... FHG and bigkat!! Hi!! and so good to hear from you both!! Hope you are doing well ... stop in more often ....

Glad to hear that we all had a good Thanksgiving ... but last night, after I got home and literally fell onto the couch, I wondered is it worth it?? ... I enjoyed being with the family and the meal ... BUT the prep work stinks!! Days and hours of prepping and the meal is over in 10 minutes!! Woman Surprised (not really, but you know what I mean ...) and then it's clean up and time for dessert ... and then more clean up ... ahhhhh!! ... I told DH we have to do something different next year ... but what??

cookie, happy to hear that you are doing ok ... it's got to be hard to think "I shouldn't bend, stoop or lift" ... especially when you have those puppies around ... (not that you need a reminderWoman Wink) ... but don't forget those UB's ..

A nice sunny and dry day ... 34 now and will go up to 50!! ... Hope everyone has a good day ... pouring and passing ..

I ~ Ice Cream ... or I am tired!!

J ~ NEXT

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Friends!

My thoughts exactly, Tootie!!!!  Cook, Prep, Prep, Cater to house (like you going to DM's, we went to DS's).....then try to coordinate and have warm when ready to eat!!!  I remember years ago, after my FIL passed away, my MIL got whole family together away from home for the Thanksgiving weekend.  My first thought was...."no turkey in the oven, etc?".....but quickly found out it was wonderful!!!!  We enjoyed being together ....had a nice dinner out....no work for anyone!  I am thinking I need to try that idea next year!  It is being together with those you love that matters!  

I remember after my my eye surgery, cookie, trying to constantly not do things I just automatically do everyday.  It gets easier.

Well, one more social event this morning....brunch at my DD's while family is all here......kind of a combined birthday celebration for GS and GD who have birthdays close.  Then this afternoon DS and family fly home.....sigh.....hate to see them go but we all need to return to normal routines.

Bye for now.....need to fix a sausage dish for brunch....more cooking....ha!  Leftovers tonight!

Weather has been great!  We are going to be in high 50's today!

Lots of sunshine!  We will be getting our outside lights up sometime over the weekend while we can stand to be out.

J .... Juice

NEXT .... K

Respected Contributor
Yes still missing Kathy. She had the best recipes. Glad to hear you are doing ok Ms Cookie. Yes hard not to just "do".

Queen: know your family had a great time. Yes returning to normal. And all the planning, shopping, prep and cooking and dinner over so soon. Then cleanup begins. Spent my day with friends. My friend has one daughter. Dysfunctional would be an understatement. Then off to visit another friend. We all worked together. She has a craft room--wow. Packed full of everything. I had been collecting bibles at the thrift shop for their project. Saw the finished product. Very nice

Lovely day here. No shopping for me. I dislike fighting crowds.

K: kitchen sink

L: nrxt
Honored Contributor

Celebrations are over for now!  More good eating this morning. I need to walk this off later.  DS and family have left.  Makes me sad as it is so nice having them around.  The little cousins loved being with their bigger cousins.  But, back to normal...life moves along in different directions.  Time to put away Thanksgiving and get on with Christmas now.....I'll think about it anyway....ha!

I am really tired so going to catch my UB now.  But, kittyfan, what type project does your friend do with the bibles...covers?

L .... Lasagna

NEXT .... M

Respected Contributor

walker,  glad you had a good visit with the family ... it's always fun to have the family together but sad to see them go ... but like you said ... back to normal ...

I'm curious about the bible project too ...

Tomorrow is BAT ... do we want to do a "quiet" one?? skip it this week since we are on the tail end of a busy Holiday .... suggestions??

Have a good night ...

M ~ Milk

N ~ NEXT

Respected Contributor
The bible project was interesting. I had found one with a leather cover in very poor shape. That one they covered with felt. Very nice. Inside they covered up any inscriptions with nice paper. Made bookmarks to mark special passages. Both masculine and feminine. They will each receive a calender and a card. I think they do this for residents of a nursing home. I was happy I gould make a small contribution.

I almost didn't take the one with the broken binding. I didn't take ones that were marked or not in good condition. Many had inscriptions on the face plate but these were easily covered.

I am not sure I would have thought up such a lovely idea.

I know the cousins all had a good time. Christmas coming up fast.

N: Nilla wafers--banana pudding!

O: nrxt
Honored Contributor

BAT? Yikes, Tootie....I have lost track of my days!!  I forgot tomorrow is Saturday.  I think we should skip it this week.  We all need to recharge after Thanksgiving and cookie needs to be careful with her eye.  More fun to come in December! 

Well, time for me to see how creative I can be with leftovers for dinner.  If it was just me, I would have cheese and crackers for dinner.....but, that won't fly with DH!  Ha!

See you later.

N .... Noodles

NEXT .... O

Respected Contributor
Bumped!!

Love noodles!!!!

O: olives

P: nrxt
Honored Contributor

BUMP, kittyfan!  The bible project sounds so nice!!!!  What a thoughtful thing to do ...very special!  Never would have thought to do something like that..re-purpose, re-cycle, re-use!

O .... Oranges

NEXT .... P