Super Contributor

Hi! Good morning from snowy Colorado! We are at 12 degrees and that is to be our high. Low tonight -2. I think that a good book and a warm blanket sounds good for today.

walker, I stopped and bought some meat to do your stew tomorrow. I am going to use my crockpot. Tulips, mine either get bit by the first frost or don't come up at all. If we have a late Easter, my yard will look beautiful. Hope everyone has a good day. Kathy

S = Sandwich

T is next

Honored Contributor
Kathy, let me know how you like it. I am fixing it today but will put in oven probably. And, a good book and blanket sounds good to me too. The hard part about winter is you can't get motivated to get things done. Guess the bears have the right idea.....hibernate. T.......Timer.......NEXT.......U
Super Contributor

Hi! I agree, our snow was supposed to start until this afternoon. The weather people might have predicated this one correctly!!! (grin) What time is dinner? Kathy

U = Upside down pineapple cake

V is next

Respected Contributor

Hi girls! We're having a heat wave - 45°! For this I left Hawaii? {#emotions_dlg.crying} I don't have to go anywhere today, so maybe I'll finally get the cat tree put together (and hopefully they won't ignore it as they are the other fancy toy they got for Christmas) and get some more cleaning done.

Kathy, I'm not thrilled about the new law in CO either - our country has slid further down on the slippery slope. Did you read about the 2 y.o. girl who got sick after finding a cookie laced with pot? {#emotions_dlg.mad}

Seems I have a new family member! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Yesterday I took the dogs out to the back porch to feed them, and Angel - the same Angel who rolls over for a belly rub when he sees a stranger - went nuts. A poor little possum was on Angel's bed, eating his food. Fortunately I was able to pull Angel off him, put him back in the house, and put some food out for the little guy, whose name is Nibbles. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} I'll have to remember to put leftovers or my stale food out for him; when I went out earlier I saw that the cereal I had left for him yesterday was gone.

What's everyone up to today?

V = Vanilla

Vanilla

W =

Honored Contributor
FHG...cute picture of the pups! Love those labs! Just finished taking care of my son's lab for a week. As much as I miss having a dog, not so much in the winter when they need walks, etc. Kathy, beef stew is in the oven and smells good. By the way, too bad you can't make dinner as this recipe makes a lot. W.......White Vinegar......NEXT......X
Super Contributor

Hi! FHG, cute picture. I would take one of each!!! Yes, I heard about the little girl on our news. So far, the parents are claiming that is what happened. Sure hope so.

walker, can I freeze the stew? Too bad we all don't live closer to each other. We would have some great potluck parties. Miss doing those from when our BONCO group was more active!!! Stay warm. Kathy

X = passing

Y = Yogurt dipping sauce

Z is next

Yogurt dipping sauce page 39 Reader's Digest; The Great Chicken Cookbook.

1 cup low fat natural (plain) yogurt

1/4 cup mango chutney, finely chopped

1 TBS lemon juice

This is on the same page as Crunchy coconut nuggets!!!

Honored Contributor
Hi everyone....gosh, this is a brutal winter..guess we have been spoiled in past years with hit and miss storms.....but, here we go ......bigkat and Tootie ..hope you are doing ok...and Kathy..you have had your bad weather too...as well as FHG....cookie....milder there but chilly...yes, too bad we don't live closer....we could have good pot lucks....we are a small group but really think we would have fun......well, time to serve up the beef stew.....Kathy, you can freeze it but I don't think potatoes freeze well so that is the only problem. I keep it for leftovers later in week and after that let it go...usually we have picked out all the beef, etc........Z...Zestie French Fries.....said that before but how many Zs are there? NEXT........A
Honored Contributor
Ok...here I go again......sorry, less rambling...but, Kathy, after dinner for DH and myself..I had a full 2qt. casserole dish of the stew left.....I will reheat later in week for dinner......try freezing if you can't use again within week. Good Night Friends! Back to game.....A........Alphabet Soup.....NEXT....B
Super Contributor

Hi! walker, thanks for getting back with me. I'm with you, sometimes potatoes don't freeze well. DH will probably have it all gone. I'm looking forward to it.

B = Baked Apples with Raisins

C is next

Baked Apples with Raisins page 306 Fix It and Forget It Pink Cookbook.

Use a 4 qt slow cooker

6-8 medium sized baking apples, cored

2 TBS raisins

1/4 cup sugar, plus additional for sprinkling

1 tsp. cinnamon

1 TBS butter

1/2 cup water

Remove top inch of peel from each apple. Mix together raisins and sugar. Spoon into center of apples. Sprinkle with additional sugar and dot with butter. Place apples in slow cooker. Add water. Cover and cook on low 7-9 hours, or on high 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 hours.

Respected Contributor

Hello ... we had a mild day today ... got up to 34 and we had sunshine!! Tomorrow they are calling for a high of 34 with rain!!?? and then temps drop down tomorrow night, causing havoc with ice....we just can't win!! .... there is nothing we can do about it ... so I just grin and bear it ... {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}.

Had a very lazy day today .... will have to get caught up tomorrow!! {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

B ~ Beef-a-roni (DD loved this when she was little)

C ~ NEXT

Have a good night .....