Honored Contributor

Re: The Perfect Chocolate Cake

Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Cake is the best IMO. Since I made it I have not made any other it's so good. Bought some Ghirardelli cocoa to make one with for our birthdays this year in Feb. LOL!!! I will eventually get to it.

We had enough sweet stuff from the Holidays & did not want more in Feb.

I generally just make the one cake per year.

Frequent Contributor

I just wrote my recipe for moist chocolate cake and lost it. Will try later. I hate when that happens.
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains a link.

Occasional Contributor

Nana's Devil's Food Cake is famous on Reddit. People are obsessed, to put it mildly. Here are the ingredients/directions: 

2 cups flour

1 tsp salt

1 tsp baking powder

2 tsp baking soda

3/4 cup cocoa

2 cups sugar

1 cup vegetable oil

1 cup milk

1 cup coffee - cooled but not cold

2 eggs

1 tsp vanilla

Sift all dry ingredients and then slowly fold into wet. Put in a greased and floured pan at 350 until done (40-45 mins). 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@MomIsMyOnlyIdentity wrote:

Nana's Devil's Food Cake is famous on Reddit. People are obsessed, to put it mildly. Here are the ingredients/directions: 

2 cups flour

1 tsp salt

1 tsp baking powder

2 tsp baking soda

3/4 cup cocoa

2 cups sugar

1 cup vegetable oil

1 cup milk

1 cup coffee - cooled but not cold

2 eggs

1 tsp vanilla

Sift all dry ingredients and then slowly fold into wet. Put in a greased and floured pan at 350 until done (40-45 mins). 

Thank you @MomIsMyOnlyIdentity, for the best chocolate cake recipe I've ever made! I made it today and it is by far the BEST, and is absolutely delicious! Extremely moist, light and fluffy with a flavor that is addicting! So good that I didn't even frost it - just used a little powdered sugar on top and and added a dollop of Cool Whip.( I cut the recipe in half and made it in an 8x8 pan since hubby and I can't eat the regular size by ourselves.)

Occasional Contributor

@jannabelle1 I am so pleased! The hype is real! You made my day Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@MomIsMyOnlyIdentity, yes, I'd say the hype is real! It didn't take long to put the ingredients together and the 8x8 pan only took 30 minutes to bake perfectly. It really is a delicious recipe and I'll definitely be making it again!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hands-down...Coca Cola cake is the BEST!  It's a staple due to ongoing requests for me to bring to celebrations, picnics, etc.  

Honored Contributor

I'm experimenting with desserts for one and yesterday was chocolate cake time. I have a little seven-inch round cake pan that came with my air-fryer, so I made a one-third recipe of the Hershey Cocoa chocolate cake recipe. Except for the eggs. The whole recipe calls for 2 eggs and making 2/3 of an egg was tricky, so I just used a whole egg. It came out very well. In a couple of weeks, I'll try reducing a brownie recipe to fit in the seven-inch pan. That little seven-inch pan gives me a nice dessert portion for Saturday and Sunday, so it's a good thing for a single person.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here's a comparison of different kinds of chocolate cake recipes. Of course, your mileage may vary.

https://www.thepancakeprincess.com 

Click on Menu, then on "Bake Off", then select "Cake".

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.