Respected Contributor

Thai Red Curry Soup (easy)

[ Edited ]

You can add more of anything you want. This is what i had onhand, its very brothy so maybe more califlower rice and/ or chicken next time.

• Oil to sautee with
  • 2  skinless and boneless chicken breasts or 4 thighs, diced
  • 1 cup of mixed mini sweet peppers sliced in rounds  or 1 diced red pepper ,green, yellow...whatever you like
  • 2 green onions chopped
  • 1 cup ready to eat riced  cauliflower ( add more, im being stingey) you can use regular rice for sure  but may want to consider leftover rice)
  • 1 clove garlic minced, or 1 teaspoon powdered etc.
  • 1 heaping tablespoon Thai Red Curry Paste ( i buy 1.75 oz pouch of Taste of Thia brand and use half of it for this amount of soup. Not too hot for me but not mild)
  • 2 cans lite, unsweetened coconut milk.
  • 1 carton Chicken stock or broth, reg or low sodium

This can be done on the stove. I use my Instant Pot by:

• Push saute botton, when it reads "hot"
  • Add tablespoon of oil in pot and the chopped raw chicken and stir, cook for a few minutes stirring but dont need to brown
  • Add peppers,  green onion, califlower rice and garlic stir around for a minute
  • Add red curry paste and stir into mixture (like you would tomato paste) for 30 seconds or so just get it heated and distributed
  • Add the two cans of coconut milk
  • Take in the aroma for a second 😁
  • Pour in chickem broth or stock
  • Cancel saute
  • Push pressure cook button or soup button
  • 15 minutes
  • Quick release or natural. I let mine go an hour because i was doing other things.

Im kinda proud of this because i just made it up but really with the amount of flavoring the red curry paste has, it does all the work. Im not even a soup person. This is *gasp* low carb and low sodium too.

I added zero extra salt or pepper. Just what is in the paste and broth.

Riced Califlower i have is ready to eat 8 oz pouches Kitchen & Love that I got from Amazon 

I love the smell of  when i make this but i do have to eat on it for a few days because im single lol

Trusted Contributor

Re: Thai Red Curry Soup (easy)

@LizzieInSRQ thanks for sharing,  this sounds good!   I always make the same soup over and over (Italian Wedding and pasta e ******iole) and want to try something different.  I'll have to look for the curry paste next time I'm at the store.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Thai Red Curry Soup (easy)

LOL,  didn't think my soup name would be taken out!  it's an Italian pasta and bean soup.