Honored Contributor

Re: Stuffed pepper recipe- help

I never precook the rice OR par-boil the peppers when making stuffed peppers. Everything always turns out yummy. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We're crazy about Stoffers Stuffed Peppers in Creole Sauce.  When they're on sale, you can't even buy them, they're such a favorite.

Image result for stouffer's stuffed peppers

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@beach-mom Sorry I found the recipe online. I would say not to cook the beef first since the recipe calls for x-lean ground beef & does not say cooked. The rice was noted to use raw. Hope you figured it out & it turns out good. Let me know if you made it.

@Nightowlz - I made this today! I didn't get to eat it tonight, as I wasn't home, but it was a hit with DH and DD! When I got home the only thing DH said to do next time was add more ground beef - of course that's one of his favorite things! 

I did use raw rice (for the first time in a crock pot), but I also washed it until the water ran clear as I usually do. I also didn't cook the beef. So it worked! DH said this recipe was "a keeper"! Thank you for posting it!

(I will get to have leftovers tomorrow - looking forward to it!) Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

This may not be what you'really looking for, but check out www.mrfood.com and search for "Stuffed Pepper Casserole".  I've made it and it's very good.  If you'really unsure about cooking rice, you could purchase cooked rice at a local Chinese restaurant.  Minute Rice is fool proof, too.