Trusted Contributor

Sabatini...hi sweetie. Good to "see" you!  I was reading your response to Orange Chicken and what a mess it is when dredging. I used to have that problem too..UNTIL i found 

LEM BATTER BOWL. If you get a chance google it, It works great! I love it!!

Respected Contributor

Holy Toledo! A shout out from @LilBitMissty???

What an honor! Smiley Very Happy

Well, I learned something new today. I'd never heard of a batter bowl!

Thanks for the tip, LBM, & it's great to see you again.  Heart

Please tell Brit I said hi.  

Muddling through...
Esteemed Contributor

Two legends here. Great recipes and guidance from you both over the years. Thank you both for that. 🙏❤️

Trusted Contributor

@ godi

Awww  ty dear. It is always so good to "see you"!

Trusted Contributor

@ sabatini.. My apologies! I just now saw that you had asked for my recipie for cherry sauce that I use in place of cranberry sauce..Here you go dear lady!

Cherry Sauce (Replaces Cranberry Sauce)

1 bag frozen dark cherries

a tiny bit less than 1/2 cup sugar (or to taste)
1/2 cup orange juice
1 1/2 cups plus 3 Tablespoons cold water
1 Tablespoon cornstarch

Thaw cherries and chop roughly into quarters or pulse in food processor until desired chunkiness.

Pour cherries in a colander stacked on a large bowl, then rinse with 1 1/2 cups of water and drain, reserving liquid produced.

Pour reserved liquid into a saucepan and add sugar.

Warm over medium heat, stirring frequently.

When starts to boil, add in cherries and OJ.

Keep heating until cooked through and liquid greatly reduced, stirring occasionally.

In a small bowl, thoroughly mix 3 tablespoons cold water into the cornstarch.

Slowly add cornstarch mixture to cherry mixture, stirring well after each spoonful.

When fully blended and mixture has thickened, remove from heat and allow to cool.
Refrigerate overnight.

Trusted Contributor
LEM Batter BowlSabatini... Here is a pic of the batter bowl I was                        telling you about.
LEM Batter Bowl
LEM Batter Bowl
LEM Batter Bowl
LEM Batter Bowl
LEM Batter Bowl
Honored Contributor

@LilBitMissty wrote:

Sabatini...hi sweetie. Good to "see" you!  I was reading your response to Orange Chicken and what a mess it is when dredging. I used to have that problem too..UNTIL i found 

LEM BATTER BOWL. If you get a chance google it, It works great! I love it!!

@LilBitMissty  - you are referring to the Orange Chicken recipe that I posted? 

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Recipes/One-Skillet-Orange-Chicken/m-p/6503696#M140062

@sabatini  commented that the typical orange chicken recipe requires dredging,  but she likes the option to not have to do it using the recipe that I posted.

The batter bowls are not necessary. Most of us don't want or need more specialty items like a batter bowl that takes up precious storage space and is not used often. 

One pan cooking has advantages Woman Very Happy

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

Oh wow, @LilBitMissty, I just saw your post to me! I've been working a lot lately...

Thank you SO much for your cherry sauce recipe! I'm glad you saw my request for it. Smiley Happy

I'm happy to have it, and will definitely add it to my arsenal.

@Chi-town girl must know me, as my kitchen has very limited storage space which creates quite a challenge. There are lots of things I'd like to have, but no way could I ever fit them.

But as a friend once said: "I have everything I need, and some of the things I want."

Thanks again for the recipe, @LilBitMissty, and happy Thanksgiving Day to you and yours.

Muddling through...