1 pint heavy whipping cream 2 cups
4 ounces cream cheese
1/2  teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

1 cup grated parmesan cheese

In a medium saucepan add butter, heavy whipping cream, and cream cheese. Cook over medium heat and whisk until melted.

Add the minced garlic, garlic powder, italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Continue to whisk until smooth. Add the grated parmesan cheese.

Bring to a simmer and continue to cook for about 3-5 minutes or until it starts to thicken. Toss it with your favorite pasta!

****NOTE...i will also add a little bit of cooked turkey or chicken****

Honored Contributor

My dietitian offered this somewhat lighter version that I find tasty:

2 tbsp butter

1 tbsp minced garlic

4 oz cream cheese cut into chunks

1 cup milk

1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan

1/2 tsp salt

1/4 tsp pepper

Melt butter in saucepan.  Stir in garlic for a couple minutes.

Add cream cheese to melt for a few minutes, then whisk until smooth and creamy.

Slowly whisk in milk 1/4 cup at a time.  Stir in Parmesan, salt, and pepper until melted.

Cook for 2-3 minutes to thicken.

Esteemed Contributor

@LilBitMissty wrote:

Alfredo Sauce

1/2 cup butter
1 pint heavy whipping cream 2 cups
4 ounces cream cheese
1/2  teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

1 cup grated parmesan cheese

In a medium saucepan add butter, heavy whipping cream, and cream cheese. Cook over medium heat and whisk until melted.

Add the minced garlic, garlic powder, italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Continue to whisk until smooth. Add the grated parmesan cheese.

Bring to a simmer and continue to cook for about 3-5 minutes or until it starts to thicken. Toss it with your favorite pasta!

****NOTE...i will also add a little bit of cooked turkey or chicken****

Thank you for posting this, @LilBitMissty. This sounds so good and I have all the ingredients to make itSmiley Happy

Valued Contributor
LBM is that you? Oh my gosh girlfriend where have you been? Are you posting much? I haven’t seen you in so long I have missed your wonderful recipes tried and true from your mother you just can’t get any better than this., How the heck are you? Did you ever get your recipe book made yet? Oh gosh please say yes tell me how you been girlfriend. I’ve missed seeing you it’s nice to see if familiar face around this place. An oldie but definitely a goodie, LOL I’m just kidding