Honored Contributor

Here are a couple of my go-to Summer Desserts....care to share a favorite of yours?

PEANUTTY CRUNCH PIE

In a bowl mix 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter and 1/3 cup corn syrup until thoroughly combined.  Add two cups of Rice Crispie cereal, mix until well coated.  Press mixture evenly and firmly around sides and in bottom of a buttered 9" pie pan. (I use a pice of wax paper to help me press in pan with this sticky step.). Chill until firm.  Soften 1 quart of favorite ice cream and spread evenly in pie shell.  Freeze until firm.  When ready to serve, top with fresh sliced fruit or other topping of your choice,

PEACH TRIFLE

2 small pkgs. instant French Vanilla Pudding

4 cups milk for the pudding

1 13oz. purchased angel food cake

1 cup whipped topping

6 cups fresh peaches, peeled and sliced

fruit freeze powder

Prepare pudding mix with milk as instructed on package, set aside.  Slice cake into 1" cubes.  Coat peaches with fruit freeze powder to prevent browning according to directions on package.

Place half of the cake cubes into a trifle dish or pretty glass dish about 2 1/2 quart size.  Cover cake with half of the sliced peaches and top with half of the pudding.  Repeat the layers and top with whipped topping.  Garnish with sliced almonds, if desired.

Respected Contributor

For DH & I, there is nothing like sliced fresh strawberries mixed with a small bit of powdered sugar slathered with a couple scoops of Hagaagen Dazs vanilla cream.  We are having some right now!  Can't wait to see the posts, great thread.

Respected Contributor

PEANUT BUTTER PIE

premade chocolate pie crust

12 oz cream cheese - soften

1 small tub of Cool Whip - thawed

1 cup peanut butter

1/2 cup 10x sugar

1/3 cup milk

mix, pour in pie shell, store in freezer

I always have one in the freezer in case unexpected company comes over. This is always a big hit. 

Respected Contributor

@panda1234 wrote:

PEANUT BUTTER PIE

premade chocolate pie crust

12 oz cream cheese - soften

1 small tub of Cool Whip - thawed

1 cup peanut butter

1/2 cup 10x sugar

1/3 cup milk

mix, pour in pie shell, store in freezer

I always have one in the freezer in case unexpected company comes over. This is always a big hit. 

@panda1234

do you thaw this to serve or slice and serve frozen?

Trusted Contributor

One quick and easy summer dessert I love is grilled pineapple.  Slice fresh pineapple, brush with melted butter and a little brown sugar and cinnamon and grill about 2 mins. each side.  Top with a good quality vanilla icecream (I love Haagen Daz) and a sprinkling of finely chopped macadamia nuts. 

Respected Contributor

@luvsbulldogs

I put it out on my counter about 20 - 30 mins. before I want to serve it. It is almost like a frozen peanut butter cheese cake. You can also shave chocolate on top. 

Respected Contributor

@panda1234 wrote:

@luvsbulldogs

I put it out on my counter about 20 - 30 mins. before I want to serve it. It is almost like a frozen peanut butter cheese cake. You can also shave chocolate on top. 

@panda1234

Thank you for the quick response.  I am definitely going to make this sometime this summer.  It sounds so yummy!

Respected Contributor

@luvsbulldogs wrote:

@panda1234 wrote:

@luvsbulldogs

@panda1234

Thank you for the quick response.  I am definitely going to make this sometime this summer.  It sounds so yummy!

It is always a hit. The best part is you can make it when ever you want and it is ready to go when you need it. 

Respected Contributor

with plenty of fresh fruit available and probably in your house, cut up and top with scoop of ice cream or sherbet.  

Honored Contributor

Homemade ice cream.