Re: SEPTEMBER 2017 RECIPE GAME

4 to 6 Servings

1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
sugar to taste
2 apples, diced (unpeeled)
1/2 cup craisins
1 stalk celery, sliced diagonally

Combine the first three ingredients until the sugar is dissolved.  Stir in remaining ingredients.  Refrigerate overnight to allow flavors to blend.

Next Ingredient:  Crescent roll dough
Honored Contributor

Easy Crescent Samosa (Indian style sandwich)

Makes 16 

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups cooked diced potatoes
1 cup cooked diced carrot
1⁄2 cup canned sweet peas or 1⁄2 cup frozen sweet peas, thawed
5 teaspoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon curry powder
1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
1⁄4 teaspoon dried cilantro
1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
1 dash red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon water
2 (8 ounce) packages crescent rolls

Honey Dipping Sauce

1⁄3 cup honey
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon water
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 pinch red pepper flakes

Directions
Saute onion and garlic in oil 5 minutes until onion is soft.
Add all other ingredients except crescent rolls.
Stir gently over medium heat for several minutes until well incorporated.
Set aside.
Heat oven to 375°F.
Open cans of crescent rolls and unroll the dough.
Separate into 4 rectangles and pinch the triangular perforations to seal.
Cut each rectangle in half crosswise to make squares (you'll have 8 squares per can of crescent rolls).
You may have to coax the dough gently with your hands to make it square and to close up the perforations.
Spoon a heaping spoonful of filling in the center of each square and fold over to make a triangle.
Pinch the edges to seal.
Bake on cookie sheets sprayed with Pam for 12-15 minutes until golden.
Cool slightly on rack.
Serve warm with Honey Dipping Sauce.
Mix sauce well in small bowl.

IMG_4733.JPG

Next Ingredient: recipe using EVERYTHING BAGELS or TRADER JOES EVERYTHING BAGEL SEASONING 

Esteemed Contributor

Next ingredient ??

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Zhills wrote:

Next ingredient ??

Is it not showing up?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I see it!  Sorry.  Never heard of it but I don't shop Trader joe's.  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

@Zhills wrote:

I see it!  Sorry.  Never heard of it but I don't shop Trader joe's.  Thanks.

Oh good.  Maybe a recipe using everything bagels?

Contributor

I know this isn't a recipe for the "Everything Bagel" --just a good idea.  We buy Panera Bread "Everything Bagels" , spread them with cream cheese, then sprinkle with the Trader Joe's "Everything But The Bagel" seasoning blend.  That seasoning is great and makes the "Everything Bagel" so much better.  If you want to accept this as a "recipe" , then I would suggest the next ingredient could be "Pumpkin".

Honored Contributor

@bbqjudge wrote:

I know this isn't a recipe for the "Everything Bagel" --just a good idea.  We buy Panera Bread "Everything Bagels" , spread them with cream cheese, then sprinkle with the Trader Joe's "Everything But The Bagel" seasoning blend.  That seasoning is great and makes the "Everything Bagel" so much better.  If you want to accept this as a "recipe" , then I would suggest the next ingredient could be "Pumpkin".

Sure, I'll take it @bbqjudge! Pumpkin it is. 😊😊

I've made breakfast casseroles with everything bagels and chicken with the Trader Joe's, everything bagel seasoning so wanted to see if others have tried anything with it.

Next Ingredient: 🎃 PUMPKIN

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]
8 Servings

1 (9-inch) frozen deep-dish pie crust (unbaked)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 (30 oz.) can pumpkin pie mix
1 (5 oz.) can evaporated milk

Topping:

1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
2 Tbsp. shortening
2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour

Combine the topping ingredients; set aside.  Combine eggs and pumpkin pie mix in a large bowl.  Add evaporated milk; mix thoroughly.  Pour into pie crust.  Bake at 425° for 15 minutes.  Reduce oven temperature to 350° and bake 15 minutes.  Sprinkle topping over pie filling and bake an additional 30 to 35 minutes.  Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.  Keep refrigerated.

Next Ingredient:  Fresh cranberries
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Martha Stewart's Steamed Cranberry Pudding
461808CF-2E12-45A4-9C78-2129F925F80F-3754-00000266FB3A399B.jpeg

My, husband, who is not a cook, makes this dessert for Christmas.  It is delicious and different . 

The molds are easy to find at any kitchen supply.  It really looks elegant and tastes like the Holiday Season. 

INGREDIENTS

12 ounces (3 cups) fresh cranberries
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup kirsch
1 cinnamon stick
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
Pinch salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
2 large eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup milk
1 cup dried cranberries
Kirsch-flavored whipped cream, for serving (optional)

DIRECTIONS

Generously butter a 7 1/2-cup steam pudding mold, set aside. In a large saucepan, combine cranberries, sugar, kirsch, and cinnamon stick. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 12 minutes or until cranberries break down and mixture thickens. Remove from heat, discard cinnamon stick, and cool.
Evenly spread 1/2 cup of the cooled cranberry mixture onto the bottom of the pudding mold, set aside. Meanwhile, prepare the water bath: Fill a large pot (11-by-5 1/4-inches) one-third full with water. Place over a high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and keep at a simmer until pudding is ready to cook.
Sift together in a medium bowl the flour, baking powder, and salt. In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat the butter and brown sugar until light and creamy, about 4 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing until completely blended. Add the vanilla.
Add the dry ingredients alternately with the milk in three additions, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients and blending well after each addition. Add the dried cranberries and the remaining cranberry mixture to the batter and mix until well blended. Pour batter into pudding mold to within 1/2 inch of the top, cover tightly with the mold's lid.
Submerge a folded dish towel onto the bottom of the large water-bath pot or fit with a wire rack. Place the pudding mold into the water bath, resting on the towel, so that the water comes halfway up the sides of the mold. Cover the water bath and gently simmer the pudding for about 2 hours and 20 minutes or until set and a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
Remove pudding mold from the water bath and cool 15 minutes on a wire rack. Unmold pudding onto a serving platter. Serve with kirsch-flavored whipped cream, if desired.

next ingredient:   Black beans

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela