Honored Contributor

Do we all know how easy and delicious compound butter is?? I made some yesterday to take to a bbq. The host was grilling steaks so it was kind of a gift for him. When the steaks were almost done, and standing to finish cooking, he sliced up the butter and put them overtop the steaks to melt. OMG---were they delicious!! He did it to the stuffed portabello mushroms I brought to cook as well. Amazing!! I have herbs from my garden that need to be picked and used, so that's what I used,  as well as lemon juice, garlic and some smoked salt'; put it all in my food processor, put it on a sheet of plastic wrap, made it into a log and froze it. The possiblilites are endless. Think I will go get more butter and these will be my hostess gifts for the uncoming holidays. Easy peasy!!!

Trusted Contributor

Great idea for gifts/hostess gifts. I often make compound butter. DH's favorite is blue cheese, black pepper and parsley. Sundried tomato basil is so good on many things from fish, chicken and even stirred into pasta. 

Kept in freezer it lasts for a long time. 

Have fun!

Honored Contributor

I love compound butter!  I make it so I will not waste fresh herbs I have purchased at the grocery store for a recipe.  I form it into a log and then cut it into approximately 1 T pats, put parchment paper between them and freeze in a ziplock freezer bag.  

Honored Contributor

I tried to make some using garlic.

Big faux pas.

I used raw garlic.

Next time I will use roasted.

But it's not hard and the results are yummy

Respected Contributor

Love it! I love to run my finger under the skin of raw chicken and insert frozen pieces of compound butter-make it however you want! One of my favorite combos is lemon peel, sweet basil and a little fresh rosemary....delicious!

Poodlepet2