Honored Contributor

This isn't so much a recipe as a " throw together ."  I always have Ben's ready rice brown rice so I nuked 2 bags and cooled  them in the fridg. When the rice cooled off, I added chopped celery and carrots, garbanzo beans, chopped cooked chicken breast , chopped walnuts, and a few dried cranberries. Then I dressed it with vinaigrette. It is really good, and just a result of clearing out the fridg. and pantry. I'm looking forward to lunch. 😋

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

It certainly sounds good @QVCkitty1.  

Honored Contributor

@KatieB wrote:

It certainly sounds good @QVCkitty1.  

@KatieB , Thanks, it was good , and there are leftovers !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 ,

Your rice salad sounds so good. I thank you for sharing.  

Honored Contributor

@Tissyanne wrote:

@QVCkitty1 ,

Your rice salad sounds so good. I thank you for sharing.  

@Tissyanne , Your so welcome !

Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

This isn't so much a recipe as a " throw together ."  I always have Ben's ready rice brown rice so I nuked 2 bags and cooled  them in the fridg. When the rice cooled off, I added chopped celery and carrots, garbanzo beans, chopped cooked chicken breast , chopped walnuts, and a few dried cranberries. Then I dressed it with vinaigrette. It is really good, and just a result of clearing out the fridg. and pantry. I'm looking forward to lunch. 😋

I just made this again today, but added chopped ham instead of chicken, it is even better. 😋

Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@Tissyanne .  This sounds really delicious.  Never thought of rice for a savory salad.

I make a rice salad with drained crushed or diced pineapple and what ever other fruits and nuts I happen to have available.  Use a cream cheese, sweet dressing.  Great side dish!

Valued Contributor

@QVCkitty1 - sounds tasty and cool for hot summer days!  I like rice salads...  When I was a kid my grandmother would have taken these ingredients and tossed in an egg, pattied them up, and cooked them - voila - refrigerator croquettes!  She used up all sorts of stuff in the refrigerator this way.  And my mom used to make fried rice with all the random leftovers.  Thanks for sharing.  

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 

What a great hot weather salad!    Love the idea of having dinner sitting ready to go in the refrigerator!

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 

What a great hot weather salad!    Love the idea of having dinner sitting ready to go in the refrigerator!

@Tinkrbl44 , It really is good and I've made it so much this summer !

Daniel Patrick Moynihan