Frequent Contributor

Recipes for mini loaf pans from temptations

Anyone know were I can find recipes for the temptation mini loaf pans?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Recipes for mini loaf pans from temptations

@Fionna   Have you tried Pinterest, just do a search for mini loaf pan recipes, or you can try Google.

Frequent Contributor

Never thought of that. Thanks

Esteemed Contributor

@Fionna wrote:

If you are refering to the set of 4 offered today, I just use them as if I were doing two loaf pans. Sometimes I have some left over, so I pit it in a ramekin. I usually use them for zucchini bread. Last time I used them for two ingredient pumpkin cake.

Respected Contributor

Just use them for the same things you use the big pans for. Smaller loafs if you want to share or single serve amounts.

Esteemed Contributor

@Fionna - You can easily adapt any standard loaf pan recipe for use in the mini loaf pans through a simple conversion. A typical 8x4" loaf pan holds 4 cups of batter and a 9x5" loaf pan holds 8 cups of batter. Each Temp-tations mini loaf pan holds 12 oz of batter, or 1 1/2 cups. Hopefully this will help you know how many mini loaves you can get from any of your favorite standard loaf recipes. Happy baking/cooking!

Frequent Contributor

Thanks Everyone.

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@Fionna - You can easily adapt any standard loaf pan recipe for use in the mini loaf pans through a simple conversion. A typical 8x4" loaf pan holds 4 cups of batter and a 9x5" loaf pan holds 8 cups of batter. Each Temp-tations mini loaf pan holds 12 oz of batter, or 1 1/2 cups. Hopefully this will help you know how many mini loaves you can get from any of your favorite standard loaf recipes. Happy baking/cooking!

I would think you would want to shorten the cooking time?

Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess - Yes, the baking time definitely needs to be shortened—good point.

For most quick bread recipes, I'd recommend checking the mini loaves (with a skewer or toothpick in the center) around the 30-minute mark. At that point, they may be done or they may need another 5-10 minutes. For savory recipes such as meatloaf, start checking around the 40-minute mark; it's best to use a thermometer to make sure the meat is thoroughly cooked (at least 150 degrees to support the final carryover cooking while it cools a bit). Since these are stoneware bakers that retain heat, you may also want to lower the temperature for your recipe by 10-15 degrees, especially if your oven tends to run hotter than normal.

Esteemed Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@Fionna wrote:

If you are refering to the set of 4 offered today, I just use them as if I were doing two loaf pans. Sometimes I have some left over, so I pit it in a ramekin. I usually use them for zucchini bread. Last time I used them for two ingredient pumpkin cake.

---------------

@PA Mom-mom 

Would love to know that recipe for two ingredient pumpkin cake....would you share it???  Thanks...