Respected Contributor

Costco Complete Thanksgiving Meal

[ Edited ]

At Costco I saw a complete  cooked and  refrigerated turkey dinner packaged in a huge see-through container in the meat department.  Price was around $29.00 and it looked like it could easily serve 4 hungry adults.

I was hungry and sorely tempted to buy it and eat it that night  The only reason I gave up the idea was the size of my fridge vs. the size of the food container--it wouldn't fit,  plus  we would have  too much left over.  Each part of the meal did have its own separate container, however, and could be separated from the others.

The meal included  a  large cooked turkey breast, green beans, mashed potatoes, dresssing, cups of cranberry sauce and a bag of gravy.  

Just a hint if you are a Costco member and don't want to cook.

Respected Contributor

Re: Costco Complete Thanksgiving Meal

Nice there are options available. 

But for me I love the smell of the food cooking in my home and the preparation of the holiday.  Turkey, stuffing, potatoes, green beans, pumpkin pie, gravy.  My husband and I cook as a team and part of the fun.  

Not much to do since pandemic so cooking has been fun for us.  If you knew now much I do not like to cook you would be surprised that I am enjoying it.  My husband always did the cooking.

Respected Contributor

For 29 dollars I would buy it.

Honored Contributor

That's a great deal, I don't think you could do better than that.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@novamc1 wrote:

At Costco I saw a complete  cooked and  refrigerated turkey dinner packaged in a huge see-through container in the meat department.  Price was around $29.00 and it looked like it could easily serve 4 hungry adults.

I was hungry and sorely tempted to buy it and eat it that night  The only reason I gave up the idea was the size of my fridge vs. the size of the food container--it wouldn't fit,  plus  we would have  too much left over.  Each part of the meal did have its own separate container, however, and could be separated from the others.

The meal included  a  large cooked turkey breast, green beans, mashed potatoes, dresssing, cups of cranberry sauce and a bag of gravy.  

Just a hint if you are a Costco member and don't want to cook.

Last Thanksgiving I purchased it for my husband and myself.  It was delicious.  Just purchased another one yesterday.  It was $2.99 lb and almost 10 lbs.  I have a small refrigerator and it fits if you take the lid and black bottom off.  

Esteemed Contributor

I bought it. Least expensive one in the case at $26.50.

1/2 turkey breast on the bone and green beans were NOT pre-cooked. Stuffing, gravy and mashed potatoes were. Also included 2 small containers of cranberry sauce

I cooked the turkey, some of the beans and heated up the potatoes & stuffing for dinner last night. Outstanding, as I would expect from Costco. 

I picked up containers to refrigerate or freeze the remaining food in individual serving size portions. This year, as always. I will be a guest at Thanksgiving dinner. I hate that there are no leftovers to enjoy all weekend while baking and decorating- this year I have plenty to enjoy before and after the holiday. I should get at least 4 and possibly as many as 6 meals from this "dinner". FYI: these meals are made daily. Once they sell out for the day, that's it until the following day. I expect these will not be around later in the day, especially later this week.

Of course I added the famous $6.00 pumpkin pie to complete the menu.

Highly recommend these and the $30.00 outdoor evergreen planter that will sit outside my garage until spring. I hit Costco on Friday afternoon, before it gets completely crazy there this week.

Esteemed Contributor

Publix offers a full meal with a 10-12 lb turkey and sides for $49.95.  I've bought it in the past and they do a great job!  Just add a couple of my own favorites.

Respected Contributor

Went to pick up the turkey dinner ingredients yesterday, and not a natural frozen turkey breast to be found at any of the five stores I checked yesterday !🤨

Respected Contributor

@Azcowgirl wrote:

Went to pick up the turkey dinner ingredients yesterday, and not a natural frozen turkey breast to be found at any of the five stores I checked yesterday !🤨

So, what will you do now?

Respected Contributor

That Costco dinner sounds greyt. I no longer belong to Costco (I have limited mobility and can't get around) but if I did I would surely purchase it.