Honored Contributor

Re: Recipes for a Different Kind of Chicken Breast ?

Thank you everyone! I've got some great things to try!

I just went in to the store I go to as usual wondering if my Perdue breasts would be on sale! Imagine my surprise when I saw the empty shelves. It seems every time I go in now I see empty shelves in various locations.

As I said I've never used these before. I have made recipes that call for a flattened chicken breast, so I've pounded them.

Earlier I found a recipe that called for them to be dusted in various dried herbs, pan sautéed, and covered with a light lemon sauce.

I have two more packages, so I will definitely try some of your recipes!  Cat LOLSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom   Pull up allrecipes.com, love this site, they offer tons of chicken recipes and they are all so easy.

Honored Contributor

Anything you can do with breasts you can do with tenders, except maybe butterfly and stuff them.  Don't overcook.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

We have a freezer bag full of  Tyson panko-coated, uncooked chicken breast tenderloins from Costco  that can be briefly baked at 450 degrees in a conventional or convection oven or deep fried.

I don't fry anything, but our first serving of them baked in the oven was EXCELLENT.

Highly recommend if you can find them

Tyson Panko Breaded Chicken Breast Tenderloins, 5 lbs

Honored Contributor

I prefer the chicken tenderloins.  The small size cooks more quickly and if used in a recipe is easier to cut.

I would use them in homemade pot pie, stir fry,

and there's a yummy old recipe we love.

Supreme Chicken

4 boneless chicken breasts or tenderloins to equal,

1 can cream of celery soup

1 can cream of mushroom soup

1 env of Lipton's onion soup mix

1 C wine (any kind)

Cover tightly, bake 350 degrees 2 1/2 hours.

Totally yummy and needs something to put that gravy over.

I don't use soup often, but this is such a good one!!! (And reheats well!).

Frequent Contributor

ECBG: Just wanting to check that you cook chicken for 2 and 1/2 hours at 350 degrees? Thanks. Just seems a long time for chicken tenders.

Frequent Contributor

Could you please confirm you cook tenders for2and 1/2hours.I want to make them so would appreciate an answer. Thanks

Respected Contributor

I buy frozen chicken tenderloins all the time at costco, that is pretty much our chicken essential, they thaw very quickly and I just saute them in olive oil or butter and season, my husband likes them simple like this so it works for me...easy.

I have been able to find my catfood at samsclub either in the store or online the fancy feast, I just received 4 cases, when they have them in stock I order a lot.  Right now they just have the fancy feast poultry.  They give free shipping for plus members.

Honored Contributor

@Bangor wrote:

ECBG: Just wanting to check that you cook chicken for 2 and 1/2 hours at 350 degrees? Thanks. Just seems a long time for chicken tenders.

@ECBG @Bangor  You need to use the @ sign to page someone. Hope she will get back to you.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks for your suggestion. I appreciate it.