Honored Contributor

Getting ready for the "Big Game"

I just got back from Sam's Club. 

As soon as you walked in the door, there were a large display of all kinds of chips and dips.

There were entire refrigerated displays of various prepared vegetables - so they could eat all the different dips.

Then we got to the frozen meat section. They were busy putting at least 6 cases of frozen chicken wings in the freezer. And then in the fresh meat section, there was about half a refrigerator case of fresh chicken wings. And a sign saying a limit of 12 packages.

Looks like there is going to be alot of eating going on and they are prepared.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Getting ready for the "Big Game"

I'll admit that I'm excited to eat Super Bowl snacks on Sunday!  I've been really trying to watch what I eat but have decided to splurge for the game. I'm looking foward to nachos and buffalo chicken dip Smiley Happy  LOL

Respected Contributor

Not interested in the game at all, but the food sounds good.

Honored Contributor

DH and friends are gathering at a friend's house for a big party.  I'll be home with Shadow, enjoying myself!

I am not a sports person.  I was always on a horse, lol!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

DH and friends are gathering at a friend's house for a big party.  I'll be home with Shadow, enjoying myself!

@ECBG In the winter I was feeding the horse more than being on the horse.

The super bowl is and always was a non-event in my house.  We are more hamburgers on the grill people!  Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@ECBG In the winter I was feeding the horse more than being on the horse.

The super bowl is and always was a non-event in my house.  We are more hamburgers on the grill people!  Woman Very Happy

@Sooner 

I knew it!  We're twins!!!Smiley Happy

Snoopy Happy Dance GIFs | Tenor

Honored Contributor

@ECBG Yes, you just know don't you?  Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

One of my contributions will be Jalapeno Poppers with Bacon.

Jalapeno poppers arranged on tray with ranch

Honored Contributor

@alliswell 

NOW that DOES look deliccious!  Would you please make me one in a slice of green pepper?  (I'm terribly sensitive to hot/spicy).Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@alliswell 

NOW that DOES look deliccious!  Would you please make me one in a slice of green pepper?  (I'm terribly sensitive to hot/spicy).Smiley Happy

@ECBG  Sure!

For me, Jalapenos are just slightly hotter than a regular green pepper - compared to Serrano or Habanero.  With the cream cheese combo filling, these Jalapenos are only slightly hot/spicy. 

Here's an interesting tip:  If someone wanted more heat in the Jalapenos poppers, just leave in some of the membrane inside of the Jalapenos before filling with the stuffing mxiture, for extra spiciness.