Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

It's been a long 2 years, but I'm so glad to be back and am seeing so many wonderful folks still here.  I saw the thread regarding those that had liked Chelsea's Pasta Salad, which must have occurred prior to my being able to come back on, so thought I'd share my go-to pasta salad.  It was quite the hush-hush deal when it was given to me.  The originator was the owner of a large catering company in Northern California and this was their favorite pasta salad.  The dressing is our favorite, which came to us from a friend who worked his entire career for a winery in the Napa Valley.  This salad feeds a crowd, so is excellent for group lunches and dinners.

Marin County Pasta Salad

1 pkg feta cheese

3 carrots, diced

3 zucchini, diced

1 green bell pepper, diced

1 red bell pepper, diced

1 pint of cherry or your favorite small tomatoes, cut in half

1 can pitted kalamata olives

1 bunch scallions, slice both white and green

1/3 cup chopped Italian parsley

2 stalks of celery, diced

Cork screw pasta (1 box or pkg)

Randy’s vinaigrette dressing (see below)

Chop all vegetables. Cook and drain pasta, then cool to room temp.  Mix all together in a large bowl.  Add vinaigrette and toss, 30 minutes before serving.

Randy's Oil & Vinegar Dressing

¼ cup extra virgin olive oil

½ cup canola, corn oil, or safflower oil

4 Tbs vinegar (wine, tarragon, dark balsamic, light balsamic)

1 tsp table salt

¼ tsp finely ground pepper

½ tsp dry mustard

2 cloves garlic, chopped small

Combine in a container from which the dressing can be easily poured, then shake vigorously. Make one day ahead of intended initial use so flavors can develop. 

Enjoy!

Respected Contributor

Re: Re the Pasta Salad Thread

@sfnative I've been wondering about you!  Has it really been two years?  Geez time flies when you're having fun.  Or not, lol. Welcome back!

Respected Contributor

@sfnative  Hello and welcome back!  I sincerely hope your absence is explained by exciting and fun adventures.  And, if not, it's gratifying you're feeling like joining this group again.

RE:  Your Pasta Salad.  Gurl, you had me at feta.  Woman Happy  I will save this one for the family's Fourth of July get together, when there's a lot of hungry folks to feed.  It reads like it's going to be a hit.

Again, welcome back, Rebecca.  Don't be a stranger, as they say.  --Mrs. G.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Trusted Contributor

@sfnative

YUM -- and how nice to see you posting here again.  You've been missed.

Valued Contributor

Welcome back @sfnative and thank you for sharing your recipe, it sounds delicious!  I love a great salad.

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you
Honored Contributor

@sfnative many of us still check in, but the recipe thread isn't nearly as active as it was when you left.  Glad to see your name again.

Esteemed Contributor

@AuntG

@AuntG wrote:

@sfnative many of us still check in, but the recipe thread isn't nearly as active as it was when you left.  Glad to see your name again.

AuntG,

Really sorry to hear that the recipe thread isn't as active as it once was.  I have so many real winners from this site, which have been added to my permanent menu binder and are used with some frequency(!).

Here's hoping that action picks up a bit.