Honored Contributor

@tiny 2 

I have had this song on my heart for you dear Friend...

paraphrasing...

Life gets tough and times get hard......

When you don't know what to say, just say "J"

There is Power in His name...

If the words won't come and you don't know what to say....there is just one name, strong enough to save...

Just say "J"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84LSLk3hfD4

Honored Contributor

Attention Aldi shoppers, if you happen to run into their Weekly Special Garlic Parmesan Butter, BUY IT!  Oh goodness I wish I had grabbed another one, may run back there tomorrow.  Please know you better like garlic as it totally punches you in the face when spread on a roll but boy that is some good butter!

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

Attention Aldi shoppers, if you happen to run into their Weekly Special Garlic Parmesan Butter, BUY IT!  Oh goodness I wish I had grabbed another one, may run back there tomorrow.  Please know you better like garlic as it totally punches you in the face when spread on a roll but boy that is some good butter!

@momtochloe 

I bought 3!  Melted one by mistake but delish!

But I wanted to add MORE garlic!  LOL

FYI everybody....be very careful trying to soften it in the microwave!  YIKES!

Let it get soft at room temp!

Esteemed Contributor

@Writer with Flair wrote:

@mustang66lady wrote:

@Writer with Flair 

Oh Writer, I have been meeting myself coming and going these last few days-sorry I am so late to respond.  I'm so happy to hear you and Mr. Writer are doing well!

Our Grandson is well but since his DM is having to take his dad (whom we "lovingly" refer to as his deadbeat) back to court for unpaid child support and numerous other offenses such as refusing to attend parent/teacher conferences and participating in other activities and things that help with his growth and development, our grandson is beginning to feel the pressure.  I asked my DD to talk to his counselor to come up with a good response our grandson can use with his Dad when he interrogates our grandson about what his mother's intentions are.  

You thought of some great older movies-I haven't seen Mildred Pierce in years!   And I always loved Scarlett-that entire family would have perished if she didn't make some of the decisions she made.  She wasn't afraid of being right or wrong but realized someone had to move forward and most of the men in her life were weak.  Not many women in older movies are portrayed as strong and if they are, they are portrayed in a bad light.  I remember watching Doris Day cry her eyes out instead of making a decision in many a movie that it frustrated me.  I used to think if my man was taking a beating as many "heroes" did in movies before they prevailed while the females cowered in the corner, I would pick up something and clobber the bad guy in the head-if not, he would be beating me next! 

Dear Mustang,

I am so sorry to hear what your grandson has had to go through with his dad.  I'll certainly pray about that.  That young man has had so many challenges to face and, now, to have a father like that to boot.  So unnecessary!  Shame on that man!

I really like your plan to get ideas from your grandson's counselor for how to respond to his father's questions.  

I know what you mean with your comments about the old movies.

Not many women in older movies are portrayed as strong and if they are, they are portrayed in a bad light.  I remember watching Doris Day cry her eyes out instead of making a decision in many a movie that it frustrated me.  

Was that Doris Day movie, "Love me or Leave Me?"   It's been a long, long time since I saw that movie, but it sounded familiar.

I used to think if my man was taking a beating as many "heroes" did in movies before they prevailed while the females cowered in the corner, I would pick up something and clobber the bad guy in the head-if not, he would be beating me next! 

Whopp 'em up side the head, mustang!  You go, girl!

@Writer with Flair 

Yes, Love Me or Leave Me was one of those movies.  Another was Midnight Lace (Doris Day and Rex Harrison).  I got so turned off by the "damsel in distress" that I can't really watch her in any of her old movies.  Kind of like Laura Petrie in The ****** Van ****** show-that "Ohhhhh  Robbbbbb!" whine-like fingernails on a chaulkboard.  

Honored Contributor

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy Friendship Friday my friends . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@tiny 2 

Today I have a special song for you that I sang at my mom's service...

Everything Falls

by Fee

You said You'd never leave or forsake me

When you said this life is going to shake me

When you said this world is gonna bring trouble on my soul...

this I KNOW...

When everything falls apart, Your arms hold me together

When everything falls apart, Your the only hope for this heart.

When everything falls apart and my strength is gone..

I find You mighty and strong

You keep holding on...You keep holding on.

When I see darkness all around me

When I see tragedy has found me

I still believe Your faithful arms will never let me go

And still I know!

When everything falls apart, Your arms hold me together.

When everything falls apart, Your the only hope for this heart!

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife 

@tiny 2 

Beautiful words!

Hugs my Friends!!!

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@tiny 2 

Today I have a special song for you that I sang at my mom's service...

Everything Falls

by Fee

You said You'd never leave or forsake me

When you said this life is going to shake me

When you said this world is gonna bring trouble on my soul...

this I KNOW...

When everything falls apart, Your arms hold me together

When everything falls apart, Your the only hope for this heart.

When everything falls apart and my strength is gone..

I find You mighty and strong

You keep holding on...You keep holding on.

When I see darkness all around me

When I see tragedy has found me

I still believe Your faithful arms will never let me go

And still I know!

When everything falls apart, Your arms hold me together.

When everything falls apart, Your the only hope for this heart!

Thank You @RespectLife 

Honored Contributor

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy Souper Saturday my friends . . . Smiley Happy

See the source image

Honored Contributor

ROMAINE LETTUCE ALERT:  I know this was posted on the main boards but just wanted you folks to know that there is another eColi outbreak in romaine lettuce from Salinas, CA so be careful if you are planning to pick some up anytime soon.