Respected Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

@mustang66lady wrote:

@Writer with Flair 

Oh Writer, I have been meeting myself coming and going these last few days-sorry I am so late to respond.  I'm so happy to hear you and Mr. Writer are doing well!

Our Grandson is well but since his DM is having to take his dad (whom we "lovingly" refer to as his deadbeat) back to court for unpaid child support and numerous other offenses such as refusing to attend parent/teacher conferences and participating in other activities and things that help with his growth and development, our grandson is beginning to feel the pressure.  I asked my DD to talk to his counselor to come up with a good response our grandson can use with his Dad when he interrogates our grandson about what his mother's intentions are.  

You thought of some great older movies-I haven't seen Mildred Pierce in years!   And I always loved Scarlett-that entire family would have perished if she didn't make some of the decisions she made.  She wasn't afraid of being right or wrong but realized someone had to move forward and most of the men in her life were weak.  Not many women in older movies are portrayed as strong and if they are, they are portrayed in a bad light.  I remember watching Doris Day cry her eyes out instead of making a decision in many a movie that it frustrated me.  I used to think if my man was taking a beating as many "heroes" did in movies before they prevailed while the females cowered in the corner, I would pick up something and clobber the bad guy in the head-if not, he would be beating me next! 

Dear Mustang,

I am so sorry to hear what your grandson has had to go through with his dad.  I'll certainly pray about that.  That young man has had so many challenges to face and, now, to have a father like that to boot.  So unnecessary!  Shame on that man!

I really like your plan to get ideas from your grandson's counselor for how to respond to his father's questions.  

I know what you mean with your comments about the old movies.

Not many women in older movies are portrayed as strong and if they are, they are portrayed in a bad light.  I remember watching Doris Day cry her eyes out instead of making a decision in many a movie that it frustrated me.  

Was that Doris Day movie, "Love me or Leave Me?"   It's been a long, long time since I saw that movie, but it sounded familiar.

I used to think if my man was taking a beating as many "heroes" did in movies before they prevailed while the females cowered in the corner, I would pick up something and clobber the bad guy in the head-if not, he would be beating me next! 

Whopp 'em up side the head, mustang!  You go, girl!

Respected Contributor

Respect,

I am glad that your DH is on the mend and that the pain is getting more manageable.  

Will all your family be joining you for Thanksgiving?

Respected Contributor

Honeybit,

It's nice to hear from you.  I hope you have been having a pleasant fall.  We've had unseasonably cold weather and then some warmer than normal weather.  Soon it will be cold again.  

Hope you are staying well.  

Honored Contributor

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy Thankful Thursday my friends . . . Heart

Honored Contributor

NATIONAL-GINGERBREAD-COOKIE-DAY-–-November-21-1024x512.png

Honored Contributor

@Writer with Flair 

Thank you for all the great suggestions! I put them in my notebook to review for the Christmas holidays too!

Honored Contributor

@Writer with Flair 

Oh great!  Now I gotta go to TJ!  I want those crisps!

Our best and fanciest restaurant serves those w/ diff butters and olive tampenade !

Honored Contributor

@Writer with Flair wrote:

Respect,

I am glad that your DH is on the mend and that the pain is getting more manageable.  

Will all your family be joining you for Thanksgiving?

@Writer with Flair 

There aren't many of us but yes.  Just my DS, DIL and granddaughter....DD and ...what are the letters for Grandpuppy?  We have no other family in town.

I was suppose to have a housefull of guests, but when the out-of-towners had to cancel, I thought it was best not to host this year.  I didn't think I could handle it w/ DH knee surgery.

I was wrong, LOL!  Don't yell at me @mustang66lady  tee hee!  Now that it isn't til next week, I think I could have had the rest of my friends over anyways.

DH is doing much better than I ever anticipated,  and I already had the time off work...but who knew?

Usually he hasn't handled surgery very well.

So it will be a small crowd, but I will hopefully also enjoy a Bills Victory over Dallas...wait...aren't you from TX?  HEE!

Honored Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

NATIONAL-GINGERBREAD-COOKIE-DAY-–-November-21-1024x512.png

Ha!  Gingerbread Day is it?

I have gone to 3 stores so far to find a box mix for Gingerbread Cookies!  NONE!

Maybe they will put them out today???

All I can find it kits to make gingerbread houses and they are $$.

I don't remember who makes it, but it is like a box cake/cookie mix size.  Weg has had it every year.

I know I can make it from scratch, but as MBR says, Here's the thing...

No one really like them all that much.  We use the gingerbread boy cut out and make Reindeer just for the fun of decorating!

Been a 2 yr tradtition so far w/ my granddaughter and now I can't find the mix!

Drags...only place left is Wally locally!

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy Thankful Thursday my friends . . . Heart

@momtochloe 

Amen!  There is healing power in His Name!