Esteemed Contributor

@tiny 2 wrote:

@mustang66lady wrote:

Oh and I forgot, about the microwave.  We always called it a clock with a microwave feature!   When the last one died, I decided I wanted a toaster oven instead of a microwave.  

@mustang66lady LOL, I was teasing about the microwave. I purchased one when they first came out and it was huge. I gave it to my neighbor after awhile.  When I met my husband he could not believe that I did not have a microwave. LOL

OHHHHH @tiny 2 !!

Could we be sisters?!  Both afraid of the IP-check!

Neither of us want a microwave (at least at some point)-check!

Both of us are nurses-check!   Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Good morning K-Team!

Happy Thankful Thursday indeed-one day closer to SPRING!  We are in part of that vortex-we are getting strong winds today and tomorrow-up to 60 plus mph winds.  I am trying to get laundry done this morning before they get bad this afternoon just in case we lose power.  We live in an older neighborhood with huge mature trees and above ground power lines.   Not a good mixture.   How are doing @momtochloe -are you going to get these winds too?   I saw the snows stayed way west of you.

So happy and thankful to read our friend @RespectLife is having a great time on their vacation-and apparently so are some lucky kittens!

@ChiliPepper 

YOU HAVE MADE MY DAY!

National Potato Chip Day!   My kryptonite and anyone can tell from seeing my hips!   If there is an open bag in the house, they literally call my name.   Wow, pie day and potato chip day! 

Today is also the anniversary of DH's heart attack-1 year ago today but we have been blessed.   He is doing great and I was blessed to keep my DH longer.  

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

Oh @ChiliPepper that Irish Coddle looks delicious!  I've never seen a recipe like that before, I am going to copy it and send a copy to Respect as I bet she would love to see it.  I have to check and see if anybody has smoked sausages on sale this week.  Thanks again my friend, yum!  Smiley Happy

@momtochloe 

I thought it looked delish too & DIFFERENT! I'm trying to find some St. Patty's recipes to post (dang this working at work!!!).

Can you easily get back to our St. Patty's posts from last year & see if there is anything worth re-posting? Plus, Tiny2 wasn't with us last year - I don't know if she does Irish at all. I can only go page by page on this computer.

Honored Contributor

@mustang66lady wrote:

Today is also the anniversary of DH's heart attack-1 year ago today but we have been blessed.   He is doing great and I was blessed to keep my DH longer.  

@mustang66lady 

YES!!!!!!

It is indeed a SPECIAL THANKFUL THURSDAY!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

delish-low-carb-reuben-wraps-still002-1524850516.jpg

Low-Carb Reuben Wraps

Cabbage is the new bread

YIELDS: 6 SERVINGS

PREP TIME: 5 MINS

TOTAL TIME: 10 MINS

INGREDIENTS

6 leaves cabbage

12 slices Swiss cheese

1/4 lb. corned beef, thinly sliced

1 c. sauerkraut

1/4 c. Russian dressing, for dipping

DIRECTIONS

In a large pot, boil 4 cups water. Using tongs, dip each cabbage leaf in water for 30 seconds and place on a paper towel lined plate to dry.

Place 2 slices Swiss cheese in the center of a cabbage leaf. Top with a couple slices of corned beef and a spoonful of sauerkraut and roll burrito-style into a small package.

Serve with Russian dressing for dipping.

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

Sigh.  I already broke my promise to myself about not overloading the newly cleaned out fridge as I took out both a piece of chicken and a piece of pork.

This is why i can't have nice things . . . Smiley Sad

@momtochloe LOLLOLLOL!!! I think you are ok.

Esteemed Contributor

@ChiliPepper 

You are killing it with the Irish recipes!  I'm copying and saving to my "Irish foods" file on my computer!

Honored Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

Reuben-Dip-7-1.jpg

Reuben Dip

Reuben dip is prepared in just five minutes and baked in the oven until hot and bubbly. It’s loaded with corned beef, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, and Thousand Island dressing.

Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 8 (Makes about 4 cups)

Ingredients
  • 8 oz cream cheese softened
  • 1/2 lb corned beef
  • 1 cup sauerkraut squeezed out
  • 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
  • 1/2 cup Thousand island dressing
  • salt optional
  • 1/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese for topping
Instructions
    1. Preheat the oven to 350 and lightly grease a baking dish big enough to fit the dip. 

2. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix very well and transfer into the baking dish. 
    3. Spread it evenly in the dish and sprinkle some shredded cheese over the top.

4. Bake for about 20-25.

Options to serve with this dip include:

Cucumber slices

Carrot sticks

Celery sticks

Flatbread crackers

Tortilla chips 

Bread crisps

Rye Triscuits

Honored Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@mustang66lady wrote:

@mustang66lady 

YES!!!!!!

It is indeed a SPECIAL THANKFUL THURSDAY!!!!!

Oh goodness yes I second @ChiliPepper 's emotion.  God bless @mustang66lady !  Heart

Honored Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

Oh @ChiliPepper that Irish Coddle looks delicious!  I've never seen a recipe like that before, I am going to copy it and send a copy to Respect as I bet she would love to see it.  I have to check and see if anybody has smoked sausages on sale this week.  Thanks again my friend, yum!  Smiley Happy

@momtochloe 

I thought it looked delish too & DIFFERENT! I'm trying to find some St. Patty's recipes to post (dang this working at work!!!).

Can you easily get back to our St. Patty's posts from last year & see if there is anything worth re-posting? Plus, Tiny2 wasn't with us last year - I don't know if she does Irish at all. I can only go page by page on this computer.

Oh dear I am afraid this is the best I can do until I get the memory upgraded on this PC as QVC and FN don't load correctly unless I do very basic things but I did find this from a couple of years ago:

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Recipes/Any-Favorite-Irish-Recipes/m-p/3541459/highlight/true#M73466