Respected Contributor

@ChiliPepper, Thanks, It looks delicious.

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe 

Thanks mtc! I know we (as in QPSS thread) had a bunch of recipes too - I'm trying to get back that far to see whats there.

Dang, we yacked A LOT in the last year LOL!!!

Respected Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

Reuben-Dip-7-1.jpg

Reuben Dip

Oh Mercy, This looks excellent!!!

Honored Contributor

@mustang66lady the weather here was very quiet until about 5 minutes ago when the skies opened.  The raindrops were so big they looked like hail (but it can't be because right now it's 60 degrees).  Not a lot of wind so I think once again we are living under the protective weather bubble.  Be safe my friend, I hope the wind doesn't do too much damage!

And in honor of National Potato Chip Day, here is a recipe I copied over from @house_cat that is still on my list to try but it sounds delicious:

Potato Chip Omelet 

Ingredients:
  • 12 large eggs
  • 3 tablespoons heavy cream
  • ½ teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
  • 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
  • 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
  • 6 cups plain kettle-cooked potato chips
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or vegetable oil
Directions

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, white pepper, parsley, and chives together until combined.

Fold in the potato chips until they are completely covered in the egg mixture, but try not to crush the chips too much.

Let stand for 10 minutes, until the chips soften slightly.

Heat the butter in an ovenproof 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, swirling the pan to coat the bottom completely, until very hot.

Carefully pour in the egg mixture and spread it evenly in the pan, then immediately reduce the heat to low.

Cook until the eggs are set and the bottom is light golden, about 15 minutes. If the bottom is golden but the eggs are still runny on the top, transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and bake until the eggs are completely set, 3 to 4 minutes.
To serve, invert a large flat plate over the pan and flip the pan and the plate to invert the omelet onto the plate. Let stand for at least 5 minutes before cutting into wedges and serving.
Honored Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

@tiny 2 wrote:

Reuben-Dip-7-1.jpg

Reuben Dip

Oh Mercy, This looks excellent!!!

@tiny 2 

Thanks, I though so too!

I made a version of this 2 years ago, I had it with celery, carrots & rye Triscuits. It was awesome.

Honored Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

@momtochloe 

Oh YUM!!!

I'm in on ANYTHING POTATO CHIP!!!

Jalapeno kettle chips here we come!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Wow am I copying and pasting those recipes @ChiliPepper !  They all look so good!   

@momtochloe 

Well the wind is really blowing here but don't think we are getting the full effect yet.  I have been out to the road 3 times now-twice to pick up the large recycle container because it blew over and of course, open.  The last time was to retrieve it because thankfully those recycle guys emptied it.  The weather is on now and the winds are only 40 mph-expecting those winds to increase to at least 60mph if not more.  Looks like you are getting just the edge of all this-not as severe and no  snow thankfully for either of us!

Honored Contributor

@mustang66lady the weather is now rolling in in bands.  First rain, then wind, back to rain heading in a different direction and now bright sunlight . . . yikes!

How's Jennie doing as we had a bit of thunder too?

Respected Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@momtochloe 

@RespectLife 

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.......................

Kittens........................................

Probably good I'm not there after all. I'd be trying to figure out a way to bring them home!

@ChiliPepper, Me Too. DH tells me that there is a big red X on the roof with a sign, SUCKER LIVES HERE and the stray cats send out messages come one come all.Woman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOL

Honored Contributor

@ChiliPepper 

@VaBelle35 

Don't forget, Project Runway premiers tonight on Bravo . . . yay!