Esteemed Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

Attn Aldi shoppers, did anyone happen to see those 12 Days of Christmas candles they had last week?  I purposely didn't go because I knew I would buy them if they were there but was just wondering if anyone saw them.

eta:  I tried their frozen asparagus today, two thumbs up.  Very good and tasty.

@momtochloe

Yes I did see them and passed on them.  They were just votives which would not last long at my house nor would they cast enough throw.  Our house is big and small candles just don't have enough ummmffff to cast any scent off.

Was the frozen asparagus plain or was it breaded?   And I wanted to ask you, have you ever "boiled" eggs in your air fryer?  I was reading on another thread where the air fryer made good hard boiled eggs.  I know you can bake them in the oven so don't see why it wouldn't work- just never thought about it!

Esteemed Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

Typical Saturday night:

https://twitter.com/DoggoDating/status/1071505220600061952

@momtochloe

LOL =This was my grandsons' Halloween costume!  Just sent this to DD to show to him!  And his dog, Merlin, looks an awful lot like this puppy but Merlin has more brown in him; he is a catahoula breed.

Esteemed Contributor

@VaBelle35

Those centerpieces are quite lovely and classy.  Can you explain them a bit-are those real flowers or silk and are they in water in those vases?  Just love them!   

And if I could afford you, I would hire you to come organize my life; your basement is beautiful!  Those shelves are the bomb but please explain what "bridges" are in respect to them.  I have seen the shelves on HSN but have not viewed a presentation so have no idea what they are or their use.  

Honored Contributor

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy Souper Sunday my friends . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@mustang66lady wrote:

@VaBelle35

Those centerpieces are quite lovely and classy.  Can you explain them a bit-are those real flowers or silk and are they in water in those vases?  Just love them!   

And if I could afford you, I would hire you to come organize my life; your basement is beautiful!  Those shelves are the bomb but please explain what "bridges" are in respect to them.  I have seen the shelves on HSN but have not viewed a presentation so have no idea what they are or their use.  

@mustang66lady

Good morning!

All fresh flowers.  There are clear beads at the bottom of the vase (glass), fresh roses and babies breath inside the vase and a string of fairy lights.  Then we filled them with water to the top.  On top of the vase there is a plastic frog at the rim, it has fresh greens that she picked from trees outside the office, I can't remember the name of the flower on top, it looks like a hydrangea but I think she called it something else and more babies breath.

She was able to order the roses, babies breath and the other flowers plus the evergreen roping for the fireplace and mantle from BJs and they delivered it on Thursday.  She said she order the "test flowers" from Costco and those seemed fresher, so she is going to use Costco next year.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

Tried it, tweeked it a little bit and it was delicious!

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Honored Contributor

@mustang66lady wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

Attn Aldi shoppers, did anyone happen to see those 12 Days of Christmas candles they had last week?  I purposely didn't go because I knew I would buy them if they were there but was just wondering if anyone saw them.

eta:  I tried their frozen asparagus today, two thumbs up.  Very good and tasty.

@momtochloe

Yes I did see them and passed on them.  They were just votives which would not last long at my house nor would they cast enough throw.  Our house is big and small candles just don't have enough ummmffff to cast any scent off.

Was the frozen asparagus plain or was it breaded?   And I wanted to ask you, have you ever "boiled" eggs in your air fryer?  I was reading on another thread where the air fryer made good hard boiled eggs.  I know you can bake them in the oven so don't see why it wouldn't work- just never thought about it!

Hiya @mustang66lady, the asparagus is plain (it actually is one of those steamer bags but I just let it defrost because I don't have a microwave).  Breaded asparagus is the best, I'll have to make that again soon.

And no I have never tried making hard boiled eggs in the air fryer since I have an egg cooker but I'm sure it works great.  I'll have to look into it and maybe give it a try next time I need hard boiled eggs and I'll let you know.

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 congratulations on yet another job well done, your party sounded lovely and best of all, you had someone take some of the load off of you with those centerpieces (which were gorgeous.  I bet there were a few cat fights over who got to take them home).  Hey, what did you wear?

And I didn't know Origami made those bridge things, genius!  I wish I had another rack to hook together just because (and you have the most organized basement I have ever seen and I still love your flooring).

Enjoy your Sunday, hope you are taking some time to do something fun for yourself as a reward (kind of a hostess with the mostest gift if you will).  

Honored Contributor
Good morning K-Team!!!

Happy , happy Sunny-But-Cold Sunday!

Another concert this afternoon.
Honored Contributor

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy Monday my friends . . . Smiley Happy