Respected Contributor

@mustang66lady wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

There ya go @Writer with Flair !

Good job!

I call dibs on the multi colored flower cap!

@RespectLife 

@Writer with Flair 

I actually had that swim hat in all white when I was in high school!   Our local swimming pool made all females wear a swim had but not the males, even though back in the '70's many of them had hair as long or longer than females!

Mustang,

As I understood it, the rationale for women wearing swim hats/bathing caps, etc. was to prevent their longer strands of hair from clogging swimming pool filters. 

(I don't know if men competing in the Olympic trials wore them in those days, or what.) 

It does seem discrimatory to require women to wear hair covering while swimming and not to do the same for men with longer locks.

Nelson - (Can't Live Without Your) Love And Affection [Official ...

Nelson

Johnny & Edgar Winter Radio: Listen to Free Music & Get The Latest ...

Johnny Winter of The Edgar Winter Group

Today in Music History: Remembering Tiny Tim | The Current

Tiny Tim

(Of "Tiptoe Through The Tulips" fame)

On a different note, in those days, it looks like Singapore looked down on gentlemen with long hair (at least in barber shops).

Gongs, Long Hair and Chewing Gums | Remember Singapore

Honored Contributor

@tiny 2 wrote:

@Writer with Flair @mustang66lady @RespectLife @momtochloe @VaBelle35  Oh man, You people are scaring meWoman SurprisedWoman SurprisedWoman SurprisedWoman Tongue.. No pink flamingoes, no bathing caps, no house dresses , no moo moos no huge bathing suits,NOOOOOO!

image.png

Oh yes @tiny 2 

We will have a riot!

Honored Contributor

I remember an older gentleman at church that had business cards made up lisitng the evils of long hair on men that he passed out to our guys!

I don't think he was from Singapore though  LOL

Respected Contributor

@mustang66lady wrote:

6 Person inflatable Giant pink Flamingo Boat Pool Float Swimming Island Summer Raft Air Mattresses Life Buoy beach party

This is the Kitchenette Float!

Mustang,

You definitely have hit upon an idea whose time has come: a signature float for the Kitchenettes.  Maybe we could get some coordinating Pink Flamingo Chef/Swimming Hats

Swimming Flamingo Hat, Pink, One Size  Elope Pink Flamingo Hat 

Aprons, and Spatulas

This Flamingo Silicone Spatula is perfect! #zulilyfinds | Silicone ...

to compete the look.

Respected Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife wrote:

@tiny 2 wrote:

@Writer with Flair @mustang66lady @RespectLife @momtochloe @VaBelle35  Oh man, You people are scaring meWoman SurprisedWoman SurprisedWoman SurprisedWoman Tongue.. No pink flamingoes, no bathing caps, no house dresses , no moo moos no huge bathing suits,NOOOOOO!

image.png

Oh yes @tiny 2 

We will have a riot!

Sorry, tiny 2.  I lost my head and ran amuck* and made my last post with all those Pink Flamingo accessories before I read your post

After reading Respect's reply, I now am conflicted**.

Woe is me!  What's a girl to do?

*run amuck:  To behave or run around in a wild, unruly, out-of-control manner; to be or become crazy or chaotic. 

**conflicted:  Having or showing confused and mutually inconsistent feelings.

Esteemed Contributor

@Writer with Flair 

@RespectLife 

@tiny 2 

Oh, @tiny 2 , we would have such a blast!  It's our version of the Red Hat Ladies!   Just a relaxing day, floating on our own personal flamingo.......

Honored Contributor

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy It's Almost Friday Thursday my friends . . . Smiley Very Happy

Happy thursday Memes

Honored Contributor

I love ya @mustang66lady  but there isn't enough alcohol on the planet to get me into that thing! . . . Smiley Surprised

6 Person inflatable Giant pink Flamingo Boat Pool Float Swimming Island Summer Raft Air Mattresses Life Buoy beach party

Yikes is that thing ocean voyage certified????

Honored Contributor

@tiny 2 wrote:

image.png

@tiny 2  you need to open your mind up to the whole muu muu business my friend.  I am wearing one of those shifts from Aldi and I am telling you this is the most comfortable I have been in the summer since forever!  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Writer with Flair  I think swim caps were popular back then because hair was so high maintence and you had at least a fighting chance of punching up your bouffant after a quick dip in the water . . . Smiley Very Happy

You don't just wake up with this kind of hair perfection my friends:

I remember hair like this. | Bouffant hair, Big hair, Vintage hair ...

Sparkle Ribbon Shower Caps bouffant shower cap Shower cap | Etsy