Honored Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

National Lemon Chiffon Cake Day | March 29

Honored Contributor

Lemon Chiffon Cake Cocktail via TheFoodiePatootie.com | #drinks #cocktail #recipe #foodholiday #lemon

Lemon Chiffon Cake Cocktail

Author: The Foodie Patootie
Prep time: 5 mins
Total time: 5 mins
Serves: 1

Ingredients

• 3 oz. freshly squeezed lemon juice
  • 1 1/2 oz. tonic water
  • 1 1/2 oz. simple syrup
  • 50 mL mini cake-flavored vodka bottle
  • Ice
Instructions

1. Fill cocktail shaker with a handful of ice cubes. Pour in all ingredients. Shake to mix, about 5 seconds.
  2. Strain the shaker contents into a cocktail glass, or stemless wine glass (what I used).
  3. Garnish with a lemon slice.

Honored Contributor

There's a bathroom at the Le Creuset headquarters that has, well, Le Creuset crockpots as sinks:

u/babydaddy9000 / Via reddit.com

Honored Contributor

National Turkey Neck Soup Day | March 30  

Honored Contributor

NATIONAL TURKEY NECK SOUP DAY

On March 30th, National Turkey Neck Soup Day challenges cooks to make a flavorful soup with the stock made from the neck of a turkey. 

#TurkeyNeckSoupDay

The best and most delicious way to make turkey neck soup is by making homemade stock. You’ll need a whole turkey plus onions, carrots, celery, herbs, and other seasonings.

All the ingredients will be added to a stockpot and covered with water and brought to a simmer. 

You can purchase turkey necks separately from your butcher or your grocer. Don’t forget to check the freezer section!

A variety of turkey neck soup recipes allow extra vegetables or rice, too.

You can also make the soup heartier by adding beans. Consider a 15 bean soup with your pressure cooker. 

Esteemed Contributor

+

@ChiliPepper 

This sounds like a good soup but maybe more suitable for fall when we all are cooking turkeys. BUT if someone freezes turkey parts when they fix a turkey, it's a good use of those parts.  I don't really hang on to turkey parts; I use the neck to have meat to add to my dressing.  I'm a Thanksgiving person with turkey and I'm done until the next year.  I don't buy it any other time of year.  March 30 seems an odd time of year to declare this  National Turkey Soup Day.  Maybe if you froze turkey parts, it's time to use them. 

Thanks for sharing; I'm going to put this in my folder to use later this year.  Good soup!

Regular Contributor

@ChiliPepper 

This recipe brought me such a good memory today, so thank you! My mil (rip) just passed in March this yr and she made turkey neck soup all yr round. I'd never even heard of it prior to meeting my Mr but she made that & chicken feet soup. Imagine my limited imagination almost 30yrs ago peeking in a pot on the stove and seeing the feet 😳 We were just talking yesterday about her cooking on the holidays & how much we will miss it, and of course her too. We had to help remove a lot of things from her home but I requested my husband get something that some might find strange. I had him get things from the deep freezer bc it will be the last time he can have her cooking. She could huge batches of food. The dinners but also enough to freeze for another day. 
I'm going to attempt the turkey neck soup so fingers crossed..

Thank you for that memory 🙂🦃🍲

Esteemed Contributor

@Irmasdc 

Welcome to the Sticker Soup thread!  We are not as active as we used to be; we all kind of interact on personal email when the Q decided to close the boards but they decided not to do that.  We come here once in a while to catch up and I'm so happy to see your post.  Soup has a way of bringing memories back to people.  Thank you for sharing your story.  

Esteemed Contributor

Well we messed up today (the 12th).  It seems we missed the opportunity to wish @RespectLife  a happy 29th birthday!  

Hope you got your birthday Fritos and had a great celebration whether quiet or blowing the roof off!

Birthday Cake Memes

Actress Lucille Ball Happy Birthday Drinks GIF

Honored Contributor

@mustang66lady 

LOL

Thank you!

29 and holding...a LONG time.

I'm with Lucy....pour that bubbly!!