Honored Contributor

Good morning Kitchenettes, happy Thursday to one and all and a very special birthday shout out to our friend @VaBelle35.  Enjoy the day my friend and hope it is as fabulous as you are! Heart

See the source image

Honored Contributor

Happy Birthday @VaBelle35 

Wishing you a beautiful day filled with happiness and good treats!!

Esteemed Contributor

Oh @VaBelle35 !

I'm so sorry I missed your birthday!   I knew your birthday fell on the same day as one of my daugthers but can't seem to remember if it was the one born in April or the one born in August.  I hope you had a wonderful day.  

birthday wishes

Honored Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

Happy Mother's & Special Women's Day!!!

I hope you are having a wonderful day!

I made chicken thighs in the Crockpot. Nothing fancy, a little bit of leftover bottled sauce, soy sauce, pineapple juice, garlic, onions & pineapple.

It was easy & delicious. I had it with rice & broccoli. I could see it on a warmed tortilla too.

Nice there is enough left for a couple lunches or dinners.

Honored Contributor

Oh I hope you all had a wonderful day too.

Each of you is such a Special Woman!!!!

I made a PB pie with an oreo crust for dessert....and of course, threw some mini chocolate chips in there!

SO good!

Valued Contributor
Is this forum still living? I’ve missed all of you! 5/28/22
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @DiamondGirly 

We have been a little slow lately, haven't we?  LOL

We need to hop back up and start sharing all our thoughts, recipes and friendship again!

Thanks for posting!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was wracking my brain trying to remember why I bought White Balsamic Vinegar!

It is lighter than brown and REALLY good!

Finally found this summer salad I made 3x last year to rave reviews!

You'd think I just would have remembered since everyone liked it so much!

Very light and refreshing.  I just planted a TON of cukes....so as soon as they start sprouting....

Strawberry Cucumber Salad with Honey Balsamic Dressing

Servings: 8

2 pints strawberries, stemmed and sliced
2 large cucumbers, roughly peeled and sliced thin
  • 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
  • 1/2 cup honey

Instructions

• Wash the strawberries and cucumbers. Stem the strawberries and slice them. You can slice as thin or as thick as you want.
  • Peel the cucumbers roughly (see photos). Slice thin with a knife or use a slicer/chopper or mandolin.
  • In a medium size bowl, layer the strawberries and cucumbers in a fan shape, one after the other. Keep going all the way around. I like to have the bottom tip of the strawberry slices poking out the top, because they are more red and thus prettier.
  • In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar and honey. Drizzle over the salad and serve immediately.
  • This salad can be prepared ahead of time, but don't dress it until right before serving.
  • Store leftovers in an sealed tupperware. There will be quite a bit of liquid released if you have leftovers; I poured it on a green salad.
Strawberry Cucumber Salad with Honey Balsamic Dressing from The Food Charlatan   
Esteemed Contributor

@DiamondGirly wrote:
Is this forum still living? I’ve missed all of you! 5/28/22

@DiamondGirly 

How sweet of you to post this!

As @RespectLife  said, we've been kind of slow.  Several of us "met" online off the Q's board, back when the Q said they were going to close the forums.  We continue a lot of communication via emails to each other now but we all do come back here once in a while to post for those who did not move that direction.  

Please join in with us - we'd love to have you and anyone else.  It's getting summer where I live and looks like @RespectLife has shared a refreshing salad for the hot days coming!  We will try to be here more frequently in the coming days and thanks again for the inquiry!

Honored Contributor

Good evening K-Team!

Beautiful day here, warm & breezy.

I got my garden in this weekend. It's not very big, enough for me though. I don't want so much that I can't take care of it.

Tomatoes 🍅, cukes 🥒, small plum/cherry tomatoes 🍅, leaf lettuce 🥬, green onions 🧅. 

I have some room so I may get some pepper 🫑🌶 & broccoli 🥦 plants 🪴!

Speaking of plants 🪴, WOWZA are they expensive this year!!!

Plus, it seems like less & less places are selling them each year.