Honored Contributor

Re: Quick Pot Sticker Soup

[ Edited ]

@tiny 2 wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

Okay that makes today IP Fishy Day???

Waiting for a review @momtochloe 

I have smoked alot of fish, but never IP'd it yet!

@RespectLife@momtochloe  It is going to be air fryer fish( her new baby) not Instant pot. Is it possible to pressure cook fish? It seems like there would not be anything left? Oh my, can you imagine if the thing decided to blow with fish EWWWW! I had an egg incident a couple of years ago. I was boiling eggs and got a phone call. The eggs were forgotten and suddenly I heard popping noises. Boiled eggs plaster all over the kitchen and the ceiling was the worst.Woman Surprised What a mess. I do not leave eggs unattended these days.

Oh gosh @tiny 2  no, no fish in the IP!  Cooks too quickly and would disintegrate.  Now it's my understanding that an IP does make delicious (and safely made) hard boiled eggs though . . . Smiley WinkSmiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

Oh gosh @ChiliPepper  my friend I hope you were able to put your feet up and get some rest last night as it sounds like you had a very full day! Heart

Yesterday I experimented with the IP by making a very tiny piece of bottom round and then making a dill gravy.  It came out better than I had hoped and today will be an experiment in no fuss dumpling making which honestly I don't hold out a lot of hope for but then again you never know . . . Smiley Wink

@momtochloe 

You don't usually hear the words "dill" & "gravy" in the same sentence.

Interesting!

@ChiliPepper  oh yes it's delicious!  Big in eastern european related recipes, let me know if you'd like to see the recipe (my bohemian peeps came through)!

Honored Contributor

@tiny 2 wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

And hey that is some fancy pants oven you have there my friend!  Please know my oven came complete with an analog clock (non-working) but is fabulous at storing kitchen stuff I will never use/look at again . . . Smiley Wink

@momtochloe  Yes, I do hate to leave my ovens behind. They have a turkey button too. You just put the temp probe in and press turkey and it will tell you when it is done.

You have a special turkey setting @tiny 2 ?  And you have two of them?  Those are some magic oven(s) my friend, I can see how you will hate to leave them behind.  I am still kicking myself for not bringing that Breville toaster oven with me (I thought I had upgraded with that gas stove . . . no I did not).

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

@tiny 2 

@RespectLife 

Ok, I just pulled the burramundi out of the AF and it's perfect!  Nice crust/seal on the outside and moist/flaky on the inside.  10 minutes at 390, done!  Very, very good . . . Smiley Very Happy

@momtochloe 

What did you crust it with?  Rub it?

Honored Contributor

Oh yes!!!

My IP is the easiest and best way to make hard cooked eggs.

Oh gosh, I could never get those buggers to peel after boiling no matter what trick/method I tried!

Put eggs in IP on the rack

Pour in 1 cup water
Set manual time for 5 mins only
Natural release for 5 mins, then release all the rest of the pressure
5 mins in ice bath

I make them all the time now

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

@tiny 2 

@RespectLife 

Ok, I just pulled the burramundi out of the AF and it's perfect!  Nice crust/seal on the outside and moist/flaky on the inside.  10 minutes at 390, done!  Very, very good . . . Smiley Very Happy

@momtochloe 

What did you crust it with?  Rub it?

Oh sorry yes @RespectLife , I use a blackened rub from Kinder (their products are available around here but they also have a nice website if they are not in your area.  I love their BBQ sauces!).  The rub I used is called Cali's Blackened, it's just delicious especially on fish.

Honored Contributor

Oh yummy !  @momtochloe 

I have tried Cajun on fish, but not 'blackened'

In my cart for a purchase soon!

I also like Kinder products!  They have a brown sugar rub that is great!

Going to get more of that too!

Honored Contributor

Hee @RespectLife , I love their website but I do giggle when they advertise how their products are clean as that is not the first word I think of when I think BBQ . . . Smiley Very Happy

I am just glad there is still one grocery chain that carries them around here.  I just tossed a couple jars of their rubs into my cart for my next check out (I'm going to try that brown sugar rub).

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe 

I double checked Wegs and they don't carry it.

Wally (Not in store) and Amz have it on their websites for total RIP off prices.

I ordered last time directly from Kinder and saved over $3 a bottle.

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@momtochloe 

I double checked Wegs and they don't carry it.

Wally (Not in store) and Amz have it on their websites for total RIP off prices.

I ordered last time directly from Kinder and saved over $3 a bottle.

Oh ok, thanks @RespectLife !  I just love their products . . . Heart

So I just popped one of those tailgait baked sandwiches into the oven (not air fryer, hee).  I was intrigued as it didn't have as much sauce as those recipes normally do and it's made with refrigerated crescent rolls . . . not sure if this is going to work but it sure smells good! Smiley Very Happy