Honored Contributor

Good morning K-Team!!!

Happy, happy Sprinkling Saturday.

I just fixed the drawer on the cabinet in the bathroom, cleaning that area while I'm at it.

Dishes, laundry, a little Criminal Minds in between. I'm a little miffed I have already seen the Lifetime Movies that keep popping up. Oh my, my life is so exciting - please don't be jealous LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

@mustang66lady

I hope Brother Mustang enjoys his Willie marathon. My friend at work loves Willie too, & Johnny Cash which always seems odd to me because he's only in his mid thirties.

Honored Contributor

@Writer with Flair

I have never had Dolly Madison that I recall. We never got anything like that when we were kids, my Mom baked homemade things. Of course all a kid wants is a Ho Ho or Twinkie or something LOL!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Writer with Flair wrote:

I'm a little behind on responding to the Devil Dog posts, but I was going to ask if any of you Kitchenettes ever had a Dolly Madison French Pastry snack cake?

Dolly Mad. French Pastry.png

When I was a little kid, we used to get Dolly Madison French Pastries (see top right picture) from the local Dolly Madison Bakery.  

The pastry (snacking cake) was about six inches long and was shaped like a football. 

Originally, they only came in the vanilla flavor, but later a chocolate variety was added.  The original vanilla one had moist vanilla cake with a pocket of a fondant cream filling in the middle.  It was frosted with vanilla vanilla icing and originally had candy sprinkles on it.  Later they switched to toasted coconut. 

That same company also made something called a Banana Flip.  It was a circle of white cake spread with an intensely flavored banana cream filling and then folded over.  (See the bottom right picture in the ad.)

I think Mrs. Baird made something similar to these two items.

Does anyone else remember eating these cakes?  They were on the market about the same time Zero Candy bars were out there.  I think I have mentioned Zero before.  A few years back, they brought it back on the market and you can order it from Amazon.

If Memory Serves: Zero Candy Bars

Here is a recipe I came across for making your own Zero bars:

http://www.dixiecrystals.com/print-recipe/Homemade-Zero-Bars

@Writer with Flair

I fondly remember banana flips!   I didn't get to eat them very often and I remember them being very rich-maybe ate half at a time.  Were they always a Dolly Madison product?  I can't remember!  

My DM introduced me to Zero bars when I was a kid-frozen!  I often see them frozen in small milk stores in our area!   Haven't had one in years but loved them-but if Mom loved it and said it was good, that always greatly influenced what I learned to love.  

Esteemed Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@mustang66lady

I hope Brother Mustang enjoys his Willie marathon. My friend at work loves Willie too, & Johnny Cash which always seems odd to me because he's only in his mid thirties.

@ChiliPepper

My brother has always had a "bro-mance" with Willie but has never seen him in person.  DH and I went to a concert in St. Louis where he opened for John Fogerty and we were sitting front row, center-I could have touched him!  

But he also loved BB King and did see him several times.  The first time DH took me to NYC, we stayed at the Doubletree Inn on Times Square.  Two of our daughters were with us and we had just entered the hotel lobby.  The elevator doors opened and this flat cart came out surrounded by "body guards."  The cart had one object on it-a guitar case with the name "Lucille" on it.  I immediately knew it was BB King's guitar.  He had a nightspot within walking distance of the hotel.  Our daughters and I waited in the lobby and sure enough, the elevator opened once again and there was BB King.  We had been visiting with a couple of young women with small children and as it turned out, they were grandchildren and great grandchildren of BB's.  He was kind enough to pose for a photo and sign an autograph that I gave my brother.  

Honored Contributor

Sooooooooooooooooooo,.....,.......................

Went to check the laundry & there is water all over the cellar floor.

The washtub is full & overflowing with the grossest, stinkiest water ever!!! In case you're wondering, I don't smell as well as I used to since I had a bad cold/flu years ago - that must be why I didn't notice it.

Just spent the last couple of hours bailing that out, trying to track the clog & plunge it out. The kitchen sink drains into the same drain as the washtub, then the washer then the drain to the sewer. DD helped me watch, check, plunge.

Score!!!!! It seems to be draining now!!!! Fingers crossed please, were gonna check it again in an hour or so.

OMG, I stink LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@ChiliPeppermy friend, let me help you with those what could considered to be noocks and crannies plus it blows away those pesty eyebrow hairs:

Lady Shave and Mini Trimmer

mtc,

What brand is this?  I got my new Bed Bath and Beyond catalog yesterday and guess what was on the front cover?  Yes.  Hair removal devices.  Respect already told me about her epilator, so I thought I'd ask you about your device.

@Writer with Flair

I buy the Panasonic from Amazon. Looks almost identical to this picture and is pink.

It is the best one I have tried.

Honored Contributor

Blessed Sunday everyone!

@ChiliPepper

Ugh, what a stinkeroonie  job that must have been. You are so self sufficient, you just amaze me! It is crazy what gunk gets clogged up in there.

At our last house, we regularly used Green Gobbler to keep the drains running clean. It works much better than Draino etc.

Got it at Q of course, but I believe the packets are available at hardware stores etc also.

DD and I have long hair which was always an issue, not to mention the 600 lbs of dog hair that comes off of Miss Lisa daily.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Good morning @RespectLife, good morning Kitchenettes, happy Souper Sunday my friends . . . Heart

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@ChiliPeppermy friend, let me help you with those what could considered to be noocks and crannies plus it blows away those pesty eyebrow hairs:

Lady Shave and Mini Trimmer

mtc,

What brand is this?  I got my new Bed Bath and Beyond catalog yesterday and guess what was on the front cover?  Yes.  Hair removal devices.  Respect already told me about her epilator, so I thought I'd ask you about your device.

@Writer with Flair

I buy the Panasonic from Amazon. Looks almost identical to this picture and is pink.

It is the best one I have tried.

@ChiliPepper  I don't believe they sell the one that I had anymore and I agree with @RespectLife that Panasonic one looks like a very nice one.  If you go to Amazon and search TouchBeauty they have one that is similar to the old one I had.  There are also much cheaper versions which I imagine are knock offs and none of them have reviews so heaven knows what you may end up with.