Trusted Contributor

Question for KatCat1 re Paella Recipe

In the Paella recipe you posted in the December 2017 Recipe Game,am I correctly understanding that the chicken, which is browned prior to going in a roaster, cooks for a minimum of 1 hour 55 minutes ( 35+35+45 mins)?  I did see your comment that if the recipe is followed exactly as listed, it will turn out fine.  Just want to be sure my reading comprehension is ok and I don't end up with overcooked, dry chicken. LOL  Thanks!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Question for KatCat1 re Paella Recipe

KatCat1, I would like to make this recipe you posted.   Here's hoping you will see this.l

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not KitCat1, but, yes, you brown the chicken before putting in with the other ingredients.

Honored Contributor

@vabreeze @Zhills    Salt & pepper chicken and brown in frying pan.  Use chicken with skin on it.    Remove to roasting pan.  Then saute red & green chopped pepper, onion and garlic cook until tender pour over chicken in roasting pan.  Pour 1 cup water in frying pan to get all drippings and place in roasting pan.  Cook covered 35 min. at 325.  Add rice, saffron (use a small vial of saffron and crumble it up), and chicken stock.  Follow further instructions.  The meat is always moist because it is either water at the beginning and then the chicken stock.  If you have any other questions, let me know but use the @ sign and a pull down menu will appear and select my name and then I will be notified that I have a message.  

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@Katcat1  @Zhills

Thank you, ladies, for your replies.