Respected Contributor

QVC vs. Costco potstickers

[ Edited ]

Never have tried potstickers from any source, but have been tempted, both by QVC and Costco when either one puts them on sale.  David is always a convincing promoter when he features the current QVC offering in his shows.

Those of you who have tried these, what do you think of a particular potsticker brand,  and which  method do you choose to prepare them?

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC vs. Costco potstickers

my favorites are the ones from qvc (especially the mini ones) AND the pork potstickers from schwans home delivery. you can make a meal out of them and they work well as a quick snack if you have unexpected company. they are always in my freezer.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

Trader Joe's has great potstickers 

Respected Contributor

I think how you prepare them depends on the type of texture you want. Some like them steamed and soft. I like a bit of crunch and cook them in a pan with lid, little water and tablespoon of olive oil. Once heated through I turn and brown slightly. 

I also think if you've never had them, you might want to buy a smaller amount from grocery store before investing in a large amount.

Respected Contributor

@lucky-girl 

Nice to know that Trader Joe's has good ones.  That's another place where I've seen them and considered buying. 

Honored Contributor

@novamc1 - I'm fussy about potstickers. After living in Japan I call them "gyoza." I've tried 3 brands; none can compare to QVC - they're the best!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Etoile308 

I think I'd like them a little firmer, as you said. 

But I can imagine that softer might appeal to my husband, who is normally NOT an Asian food fan, although I'm gradually  converting him with some spicy stir-frys.

Do you use a particular seasoning sauce when you prepare or serve them?

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I prefer the Mini ones....used to get them on QVC until I saw them at Albertsons and also Smiths..half the price so now buy there....Bibigo brand (HSN sells the Bibigo ones)   I put in boiling water for about 2-4 minutes til they rise to the top and then put on bed of  'Knorr' chicken fried rice...I use a sweet and sour sauce I get at Smiths...yummy!  I liked the ones on QVC but these are less expensive and just as good in my opinion.

Contributor

I love QVC chicken potstickers and always keep both the mini and regular size in my freezer. I use the minis to make soup with chicken broth, green onion, fresh spinach, fresh cilantro and a dash of sesame oil for flavor. I love the taste of cumin so I sometimes use a sprinkling of powered cumin in the prep. Quick meal with or w/o tossed salad. I usually fry/saute regular size in a little olive oil and sesame oil in a skillet or air fry for a quick, tasty snack or meal.

Respected Contributor

I like my sauce to have a kick. My sauce is a teriyaki sauce base, then I add a little chili oil, some red pepper flakes, and some green onion stalk. To fancy it up a bit I'll add some sesame seeds if I have them.