Honored Contributor

Re: Pumpkin Muffins, Two Ingredients

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Jordan2 

I am not diabetic, but both of my parents were.  I try very hard to limit my intake of both sugar, and sugar free products.  Sugar free pudding is one my indulgences now and then.

In the past, I was a WW member....a thousand years agoCat LOL

Now, I just try to be vigilent about my diet.  I'm going to keep an eye out for the sugar free cake mixes and check them out.

Thanks!

I love sugar free products and have a little sugar free oatmeal at night before my dinner.  I am not a breakfast person but love oatmeal, so I just have some at night.  Jello sugar free pudding the kind you make yourself and the pudding cups are really good @Witchy Woman The sad thing is that most sugar free products cost more but like you I try to always buy them if they are available.  Not diabetic either just love food but want to stay thin.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

@IamMrsG  Thank you for the recipe I made these using spice cake mix and they were delish !!!!

Trusted Contributor

@IamMrsG I finally got around to making the cake. I got a butter pecan mix and some salted caramel chips. I made a glaze because hubby likes that, but it wouldn't need it. I baked it in my acorn shaped temptation pan and it took quite awhile to bake. It came out good. I was surprised to see how much you can taste the sweet potatoes. It almost tastes like a sweet potato pie, maybe because the batter was deeper than it should be. But it's a win. Thanks for the recipe.

Respected Contributor

@Renata22  Thank you for letting us know of your good results.  How many sweet potatoes did you use?   Of, if you used canned ones, was it a 14.5 oz (or so) can?  I'm presuming you drained them, but did you add spices?  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Trusted Contributor

@IamMrsG Well as I answer you, the mystery is solved about why it was a little too wet. I just realized that for some reason I was thinking a can of pumpkin was 18 oz, not 15. That's what I put in and I did drain them well. I didn't put any spices because I wanted to see how it would taste with just the butter pecan flavor. It would've done well with spices, but it's good.

Occasional Contributor

I've made there for years with the chocolate cake mix.  They are so moist and really delicious.  I forgot I had the recepie.  Thanks for the reminder.

Esteemed Contributor

@IamMrsG  I made these over the weekend at our family get-together. A hit!! They were so light and delicious. I used a spice cake mix, but I think a carrot cake mix would also be good. The hardest part of the prep for me was getting the batter into the muffin pans. I should have had an ice cream scoop. My DD and DDIL were ecstatic about this idea.

Respected Contributor

@PA Mom-mom   It was good to 'hear' of the hit with your family.  Thank you for sharing it.  Yes, I used an ice cream scoop for portioning the batter. 

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Regular Contributor

Thank you for the recipe @IamMrsG !

I rarely cook/bake but thought I could do this. 

I used Pillsbury cinnamon bun cake mix but I did add 1/2 cup of oil because I had a lot of dry cake mix to mix. I used 2 pie tins I had from Baker's Square. I thought it was good but I don't have a sophisticated palate and am not a picky eater. 

Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG  your pp spice is very similiar to mine, but I also use a bit of allspice