Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac

Herbes de Provence is a spice blend that can be found in glass jars on the grocery store spice shelves,  along with other jarred herbs and spices made by McCormick Spice Company.  

Honored Contributor

For those that are interested I bought a large jar of Herbs de Provence at a Home Goods store for $3.99.  It's a very nice spice that I think you would find yourself reaching for on a regular basis once you try it.

Honored Contributor

I have been using this recipe for years, only with just salt and cracked pepper, and it never fails.  I copied and pasted this from another poster as it is the same recipe I use, except that I don't reheat it because by the time it is cooked, we are ready to eat and it is still a perfect temperature.

Directions:

Allow roast to stand at room temperature for at least 1 hour.

Preheat the oven to 375 degree F. Rub roast with  seasoning and place roast on a rack in the pan with the rib side down and the fatty side up.

Roast for 1 hour. Turn off oven. Leave roast in oven but do not open oven door for 3 hours. About 30 to 40 minutes before serving time, turn oven to 375 degrees F and reheat the roast. Important: Do not remove roast or re-open the oven door from time roast is put in until ready to serve.
Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

For those that are interested I bought a large jar of Herbs de Provence at a Home Goods store for $3.99.  It's a very nice spice that I think you would find yourself reaching for on a regular basis once you try it.

We don't have a Home Goods. We don't have much of anything around here. I bought a ziplock bag of Herbes de Provence from Penzey's. It smells really good.

QVC Social Team

@CountryMusicGal wrote:

I would like suggestions on the best way to cook a prime rib (medium-rare to medium). I would like to make one for New Year's . . . . they are so expensive and I cook them so rarely that I forget how! All advice appreciated!

Hello @CountryMusicGal - I had to jump in here and share a video that David Venable made with directions to cooking prime rib. I hope this is helpful. It looks sooooo yummy!

Respected Contributor

Cost P,us World Market also carries Herbes de Provence at very reasonable prices..Frankly I prefer Penzeys English Rib Seasonong Or, believe it or not, Old Bayimage.jpeg

Valued Contributor

You girls are making me SO hungary !!!

Respected Contributor

If you're so hungry by all means, eat something and enjoy itSmiley Happy.

Honored Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:

Cost P,us World Market also carries Herbes de Provence at very reasonable prices..Frankly I prefer Penzeys English Rib Seasonong Or, believe it or not, Old Bayimage.jpeg

I didn't realize Cost Plus carries spices, I'm going to have to snoop that out . . .  and I second using Penzy's English Prime Rib Rub.  I love it but usually put a couple of shakes of their Garlic Powder on there too!