Honored Contributor

Potato Hash (?)

[ Edited ]

I made something tasty for brunch ... potato hash seems the most appropriate name. 

I like to "invent" new dishes using leftovers.  (Whenever I visited my parents - Mom's kitchen was great fun.  She always had some great leftovers, and Dad loved my cooking.)

Normally, I put potatoes, peppers and onions in the food processer and chop into medium size pieces ... add seasoning and nuke until done.  

No peppers or onions today - but I did have some leftover "fried" Brussels sprouts and garbanzo beans ... heavily seasoned with curry spices.

So - chopped everything up together, added some olive oil and some more spices and salt and pepper.  I nuked the whole thing for about 10 minutes.  Served with fried eggs and applesauce (LOVE eggs and applesauce).  

Very tasty .... and I have enough leftovers for Monday and Tuesday breakfast!

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA   Love the idea of Brussels sprouts and garbanzo beans in a potato hash....I'd probably add your regular onions/peppers and maybe even some mushrooms.

I usually do my hash brown potatoes in a panini then fold it over like an omlette and stuff it with onions/peppers/mushrooms.  So good for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd 

Sounds tasty!   Gotta try that!

Honored Contributor

i do this often @ALRATIBA !

today i had a leftover baked potato, 2 zucchini,  some ripe tomato, lots of onion, roasted garlic, and a few sausage links. i chopped everything small and sauteed it in a large frying pan. i then add sunny side up eggs to the top. i had a few tortillas leftover and used those as my bread.

so yummy and enough for a few people! breakfast hash Smiley Happy

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 

Your reply reminded me .... I have some flour tortillas in the fridge ... tomorrow .....!!