Respected Contributor

Poll: Do You Still Eat Bacon?

[ Edited ]

Yes

No

I'm on Keto and have been eating a lot of bacon.

Wondering if it's  ... healthy?

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

Re: Poll: Do You Still Eat Bacon?

Organic nitrate free bacon, YES!

Honored Contributor

No, it’s too salty.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

Not after I read how pigs are treated - cruel and inhumane.

Honored Contributor

YES.....had some yesterday actually.

FAVORITE BRANDS: schwans, wrights, and the bacon sold at honey baked ham.....all thick sliced.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Yes, every once and a while.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No...not for most of my life.  Pigs are intelligent animals and have feelings like we do, I could no more eat my arm than another animal. 

Having said that, I don't make judgments about what others choose to do because I do understand that most people tend to do what their parents did and don't know the violence of farm factory practices.  We are not used to questioning what we have always known.  I love my lifestyle, it brings me much happiness and health.

To answer your question, no it is not healthy for many reasons,.

Honored Contributor

@RinaRina  I think too much bacon is unhealthy..too much animal fat of any kind is not good for your body.I am not vegetarian but we eat very little meat and fish.

Honored Contributor

I look for it on vacations - that's when I go all out. Pancakes/waffles - eggs + bacon and white toast w/butter. 

Bacon on burgers don't count, that's a garnish

Trusted Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

No...not for most of my life.  Pigs are intelligent animals and have feelings like we do, I could no more eat my arm than another animal.  

Having said that, I don't make judgments about what others choose to do because I do understand that most people tend to do what their parents did and don't know the violence of farm factory practices.  We are not used to questioning what we have always known.  I love my lifestyle, it brings me much happiness and health.

To answer your question, no it is not healthy for many reasons,.

I agree with you so much !!! I started being a vegatarian at 12 or 13, after seeing a movie on slaughter houses. I watch all my ingredients in items, and in cheese. It makes no sense to me, killing animals in 2019. We have so many other choices available to us. I lean toward being a vegan, but i slip up at times with cheese.