Honored Contributor

Re: Poll: Do You Still Eat Bacon?

Every morning for breakfast - Oscar Mayer.  Not on weekends though.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC could be seen as offensive

Honored Contributor

No, I think it's poison--too much fat, too much salt.  But I do occasionally eat turkey sausage.

Honored Contributor

No, but it's never been a part of my diet.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes.  I just had some bacon bits this morning mixed into my scrambled eggs.  Otherwise I do not eat meat.  Just fish, shrimp, etc.   Not a moral thing - I just don't care for it.  But a little bacon is such a wonderful sesoning thing!   Also I should add I am diabetic, so I choose sugar free bacon.  Applegate makes a good one, and I find it at Fresh Market.  As for the pigs, I am sorry for the way they are treated, but I'm pretty sure my eating bacon isn't going to affect that.

And by the way Sidemom, I never smoked, never thoght about smoking, and hate the smell of smoke.

Esteemed Contributor

Rarely, maybe 2 or 3x a year.

Honored Contributor

Both smoking and eating pigs are carcinogens....totally reasonable to put them in the same category,  If you are concerned about your health, you would do neither.  

I understand the question because we have been raised with the idea that eating meat and dairy is healthy. The same prejudice existed when smoking cigarettes was questioned.  If you do a little digging, you can easily find research to support that this is not the case.  It is challenging to shift old habits and beliefs.

Honored Contributor

@dogsx3 -

They now sell cheese without the animal enzyme. On the ingredients it will say plant enzymes or mineral enzymesSmiley Happy

Trader Joes has it and maybe other stores too!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Yes, we eat bacon maybe every four months or so.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@phoenixbrd wrote:

Both smoking and eating pigs are carcinogens....totally reasonable to put them in the same category,  If you are concerned about your health, you would do neither.  

I understand the question because we have been raised with the idea that eating meat and dairy is healthy. The same prejudice existed when smoking cigarettes was questioned.  If you do a little digging, you can easily find research to support that this is not the case.  It is challenging to shift old habits and beliefs.

True.

At one time Physicians smoked in their office, and only 35-40 yrs

ago, employees could smoke at their desk...so the shift will be slow.

It’ll be more than boogeyman scary stuff to change the minds

of the American Public. The Meat/Dairy Lobbists claws

are dug in fairly deep...

@phoenixbrd 

Sometimes I think a few of us are living in 3019....so far ahead of the curve!