• 1/4 cup corn syrup
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • pinch salt
  • 1 tablespoon butter , melted
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/3 cup pecans

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C).

In a bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.

Add flour, cornstarch and salt. Mix until combined.

Press dough onto bottom of lightly greased 5-inch baking dish.

Bake 12-15 minutes or until light golden.

Set aside and prepare filling.

TO MAKE THE PECAN PIE FILLING

Mix corn syrup, egg, sugar, salt, butter and vanilla in a bowl using a spoon.

Stir in the pecans.

Pour filling over shortbread crust.

Bake on center rack of oven for 30 minutes.

Remove from oven and let pie cool on wire rack for a 2 hours.

Honored Contributor

Yikes, who'd go to all that trouble to make one serving of pie?  I could make a whole pie in less time.  That's just not practical.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Re: Pecan Pie for One

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 

For people who live alone or have difficulty exercising portion control, I think this recipe is perfect.  Sometimes, you might just have a craving for something that you know you will go overboard if a standard size of that craving is made.  This pie may be eaten in one serving without the guilt or perhaps cut in half with the second piece saved for later to balance or compensate for the 'work' required to make it---although I think it's an easy recipe to make

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

Yikes, who'd go to all that trouble to make one serving of pie?  I could make a whole pie in less time.  That's just not practical.

@Kachina624 

I would 'go to all that trouble to make one serving'.   I would think it would be very practical for some people, including myself.  Try being positive for a change.

Respected Contributor

I just purchase a single slice at my local bakery.  I've learned to never bring home a whole pie.  So, I get the need for pie for one, with a recipe that seems fairly simple.

I'd give it a try, but my oven is never turned on during summer heat.  To do so has my electric meter spinning like a Frisbee, overworking the AC. That'd be a costly little pie, but I'll try it in fall weather.  It sounds good.   

Esteemed Contributor

Edwards has single serving frozen pie slices, Pecan, lemon, chocolate & Key lime. There are two in the box. Individually wrapped. Easy! 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wal-mart sells a variety of mini pies for 1 person  for 50 cents I think.   They are pretty good.  

Kudos though to anyone making it from scratch. 

Respected Contributor

@KatieB   What a lovely recipe.  This would be so cute to make as a surprise for someone special like my Significant other.  It will fit in my Oster XL countertop oven so I don't have to heat up the regular oven.

Thank you for sharing.  If there are other pie recipes like this out there on the web it would be cute to make a mini pie bar at a gathering like Thanksgiving with some other flavors.

aroc3435

Super Contributor

@1Snickers  I am not a baker or a cook in anyway shape or form. I do love pecan pie and have purchased Edward's pies before. The single serving of pecan pie is just right! I eat one slice and keep the other slice frozen for another time. Our local United usually has them for around $2.50. 

Honored Contributor

Just because you live alone doesn't mean you can't cook and bake for yourself, you deserve it! The only reason I wouldn't make it, if a recipe has too many ingredients and steps, I'm out!