Regular Contributor

Re: PUMPKIN PIE DIP - QUESTION

On 11/1/2014 kachina624 said: How about using it in a parfait layered with crumbled ginger snap or spice cookies? It sounds really good.

That sounds delicious - I was thinking there's some kind of dessert (I cannot think of the name - I'm having a blockage all of a sudden) that you make in a big round glass (mostly) that is layered (I don't know why I can't think of the name) that is layered - I wonder about a layer of gingerbread with the dip - the crumbled gingersnaps might be better texture wise than crumbled gingerbread but the thought just popped into my head when I was reading your post.

Super Contributor

Re: PUMPKIN PIE DIP - QUESTION

The dessert you were trying to think of is probably a trifle and you have inspired me. The original recipe sounds yummy, but gingerbread and ginger snaps and the dip, yum and all favorites of my hubby, think I will have to make some and surprise him. Here is a link for the Taste of Home website for 8 different pumpkin trifle recipes including a tiramisu. Thank you for posting this and to everyone for all the ideas, I'm gonna have a happy hubby.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/search/index?search=pumpkin+trifle

Thanks again and happy holidays

tkins