Regular Contributor

New Recipe Format - TERRIBLE! TERRIBLE!

what the heck is going on???  The new format is unusable and stinks!  There was absolutely nothing wrong with the old format.  BRING IT BACK!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Recipe Format - TERRIBLE! TERRIBLE!

I don't like this at all.  I don't have the time or patience to figure out this board.  I won't be visiting too often.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

OK, I just went down through some of the recipes. What on earth is wrong with the recipe format?? Testing....

CHOCOLATE SWIRL DESSERT

1½ boxes (13 oz. each) Swiss cake rolls

2¾ c. cold milk

2 pkg. (3.9 oz. each) instant chocolate fudge pudding mix

2 cups whipped topping

Fresh raspberries (optional)

Cut each cake roll into six slices; set aside any chocolate coating that separates from rolls for garnish. Line a 9-inch springform pan with the cake slices, completely covering the bottom and sides.

In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for two minutes (mixture will be thick). Pour over the cake. Spread with whipped topping. Sprinkle with any reserved chocolate coating and garnish with the raspberries, if desired.

Cover and chill for at least two hours before serving. Makes 12 servings.

Contributor

the OP might be referring to the entire Recipe thread, not how a recipe itself is printed.  I know that I have posted 7 recipes here in the past six weeks or so,  and a couple of posts on other threads, but my new "profile" according to QVC calls me an "occasional contributor" with a total number of 5 posts.....plus,  not one of my recent recipe posts can be found anywhere that I can see.

And then there is the problem (for me) of nothing displaying properly on my Windows 7 laptop.  Lines overlap lines, huge white spaces need to be scrolled through, etc.

In fact, this very post of mine is an experiment, because I have no clue what will happen to it once I send it.  We can only hope things improve.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Puppy Lips wrote:

I don't like this at all.  I don't have the time or patience to figure out this board.  I won't be visiting too often.

Oh, please hang in there. You'll get used to it, and we'd hate to see anybody go. It gets easier, I promise. Heart

Regular Contributor

How do you know it gets easier??  I am not very net savvy and I am finding it nearly impossible to find what I want!

Honored Contributor

I just wish I could find the June Recipe Swap and bring it over but I have given up.  I can't find it . . . bummer.

Respected Contributor

I feel the same way, really hate this new format. I liked when they had my activity at the top of the page and all I had to do was to click on to that and I was able to get right to my posts. Now, I can't find any of them, can't reply to ones I posted a question to or ones I answered, really dont' like this at all.

Valued Contributor

Obviously, SIMPLE is not in the vocabulary of QVC's computer nerds.!!!!! This new format has taken the fun completely out of coming here. And I seriously doubt if any complaints about it will even be considered. I am beginning to think I am done with QVC all together.