Honored Contributor

What a difference a month makes.  We have gone from 90's to snow last night!  You folks have been posting some great recipes this year and now is the time to reach into our recipe files and share your favorite Thanksgiving recipes!

HOW TO PLAY.......

The first player of the month starts the game by posting their choice of recipe. At the end of the text, she or he types, "the next ingredient: xxx."
(The x's represent that person's choice of any ingredient that can be included in a recipe).
Throughout the game, the next poster in line must use the ingredient that the person ahead chose. If you can, highlight the ingredient and/or put it in capital letters anywhere that it is used throughout the recipe. That does make it easier for everyone to see how the game works.

Because of time or system delays, some duplicate posts occur to the same ingredient. The next poster generally responds to the first post for the next ingredient. Good recipes and lots of fun!!

Normally, we start out with a recipe so I will post the last one shared on the last thread and we can take it from there. Thanks to @GenXmuse (again, thank you!) who gave us our next ingredient:

E2702D9A-28CE-46B9-943A-C8B9DBD3669B.jpeg

Ingredients

• 2 lbs Yukon Gold potatoes, halved or quartered if larger in size (I've used small nugget potatoes, halved, or creamers as shown in the photo but most potatoes will work if you're consistent with their size)
  • 1 cup, plus 2 tbsp white vinegar
  • 1 tbsp kosher salt
  • 2 tbsp unsalted butter
  • Chives, sliced for garnish
  • Freshly ground black pepper
  • Flaky sea salt, such as Maldon

Instructions

1. Add potatoes, 1 cup vinegar, and kosher salt in a large pot. Cover by 2" with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes.
  2. Drain, allowing the steam to dry the potatoes for a minute or two.
  3. Heat butter in a larger frying pan to medium hight heat. Add potatoes and season with kosher salt and pepper. Fry potatoes until golden brown and crisp.
  4. Place in a serving dish and top with 2 tbsp vinegar, chives, and flaky sea salt.

Next ingredient :  YOUR FAVORITE EXTRACT, eg almond, butter, lemon, peppermint, vanilla etc

Respected Contributor

Re: NOVEMBER 2019 RECIPE GAME

[ Edited ]

@momtochloe wrote:

What a difference a month makes.  We have gone from 90's to snow last night!  You folks have been posting some great recipes this year and now is the time to reach into our recipe files and share your favorite Thanksgiving recipes!

HOW TO PLAY.......

The first player of the month starts the game by posting their choice of recipe. At the end of the text, she or he types, "the next ingredient: xxx."
(The x's represent that person's choice of any ingredient that can be included in a recipe).
Throughout the game, the next poster in line must use the ingredient that the person ahead chose. If you can, highlight the ingredient and/or put it in capital letters anywhere that it is used throughout the recipe. That does make it easier for everyone to see how the game works.

Because of time or system delays, some duplicate posts occur to the same ingredient. The next poster generally responds to the first post for the next ingredient. Good recipes and lots of fun!!

Normally, we start out with a recipe so I will post the last one shared on the last thread and we can take it from there. Thanks to @GenXmuse (again, thank you!) who gave us our next ingredient:

E2702D9A-28CE-46B9-943A-C8B9DBD3669B.jpeg

Ingredients

• 2 lbs Yukon Gold potatoes, halved or quartered if larger in size (I've used small nugget potatoes, halved, or creamers as shown in the photo but most potatoes will work if you're consistent with their size)
  • 1 cup, plus 2 tbsp white vinegar
  • 1 tbsp kosher salt
  • 2 tbsp unsalted butter
  • Chives, sliced for garnish
  • Freshly ground black pepper
  • Flaky sea salt, such as Maldon

Instructions

1. Add potatoes, 1 cup vinegar, and kosher salt in a large pot. Cover by 2" with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes.
  2. Drain, allowing the steam to dry the potatoes for a minute or two.
  3. Heat butter in a larger frying pan to medium hight heat. Add potatoes and season with kosher salt and pepper. Fry potatoes until golden brown and crisp.
  4. Place in a serving dish and top with 2 tbsp vinegar, chives, and flaky sea salt.

Next ingredient :  YOUR FAVORITE EXTRACT, eg almond, butter, lemon, peppermint, vanilla etc

@momtochloe  Thanks😘

Next Ingredient: YOUR FAVORITE EXTRACT! e.g. almond, butter, lemon, peppermint, vanilla, etc.

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Honored Contributor

Hee @Coquille  the things that dawn on me in the middle of the night!  I am not a whiz on my Kindle to actually create this thread (with graphics) so I opted for sending myself a reminder email to kick things off this morning . . . Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

Hee @Coquille  the things that dawn on me in the middle of the night!  I am not a whiz on my Kindle to actually create this thread (with graphics) so I opted for sending myself a reminder email to kick things off this morning . . . Smiley Very Happy

@momtochloe  You're the best!🤗😘

Next Ingredient: YOUR FAVORITE EXTRACT: e.g. almond, butter, lemon, peppermint, vanilla, etc.

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Honored Contributor

dads white sprinkle cookies.jpg

Dad's White Sprinkle Cookies

My dad got this recipe from his aunt. He always made them for us at Christmas and holiday time. His aunt used to form the dough into shapes for us kids - dolls for the girls and dinosaurs for the boys.  I've tweaked the recipe a little and Dad agreed that he liked my version best... but he was my dad, so maybe he was just saying that 💙 .  If you're making them for kids, I'd suggest using the lemon extract, rather than the anise. My "kids" still prefer the lemon.

4 c flour

6 eggs

1 1/2 sticks softened butter

1 c sugar

1 1/2 tsp anise or lemon extract

6 tsp baking powder

1) Mix it all up.  (It's a very forgiving process)

2) Form into balls. I use a small ice cream scoop to get            uniform sized cookies.

3) Bake on parchment - 325°  about 10 -11 minutes. 

DO NOT overbake them. They may look pale to you, but     don't be deceived. When you take them off the paper         you should see they are very lightly browned on the             bottoms. These are soft, cakelike cookies, not crispy.

4) Cool on a wire rack.

5) "Paint" with a mixture of confectioner's sugar and milk.

6) Sprinkle with non pareils while the icing is still wet.

Next ingredient:  lady fingers (I ordered too many and need to use them up) or pound cake.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@house_cat   Thanks for this classic Anginettes recipe.  I like them with either extract.

Girlfriends used to bake them and bring them in to work around Christmas.  Absolutely wonderful little balls of deliciousness!

Next ingredient:  LADY FINGERS or POUND CAKE

Honored Contributor

@aroc3435 

Thank YOU for telling me what they are called!  My ancestry is 100% Italian, but I've never known them as anything but "those sprinkle cookies", lol.

Next ingredient: Lady fingers or pound cake

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@house_cat 

This No-Bake Black Forest Mousse Cake is layers of espresso-soaked lady fingers, a chocolate mousse, cherry pie filling and a whipped cream topping.

INGREDIENTS
  • 1 pkg Chocolate pudding mix (3.4oz)
  • 1 C Milk
  • 1 ½ C Heavy whipping cream
  • ¾ C Powdered sugar
  • 1 C Water, boiling
  • 2 tbsp Espresso Powder
  • 1 ½ package Ladyfingers (7 oz pkg)
  • 2/3 can Cherry pie filling (21oz can- such as Lucky Leaf)
  • Topping
  • ¾ c Heavy whipping cream
  • ¼ C powdered sugar
  • Hot fudge sauce for drizzling

INSTRUCTIONS
  1. In a small mixing bowl, combine chocolate pudding mix with milk and whisk until dry mix is dissolved. Refrigerate 10-15 minutes until firm.
  2. Place mixing bowl in the freezer for 5-10 minutes to chill. Pour heavy cream and whisk into chilled bowl, and use an electric mixer to beat heavy cream on medium-high speed until cream gets bubbly. Slowly add powdered sugar and continuing beating on high speed until stiff peaks form.
  3. Remove pudding from refrigerator and fold in whipped cream until well combined.
  4. In a microwave-safe bowl, heat water until boiling. Add espresso powder and whisk until espresso is dissolved.
  5. Line the bottom of a 9-inch square pan (2-inches deep) with parchment paper.
  6. Quickly dip the top of each lady finger in the espresso and align in the bottom of the pan. If you have to cut them to fit, do so before dipping in the espresso.
  7. Spread half of the chocolate mousse over the ladyfingers and smooth out layer with a spatula. Add 1/3 of a can of cherry pie filling. Try to pick out the cherries as opposed to the juices. Sprinkle over mousse and gently press into mousse with a spatula.
  8. Repeat previous steps: make second layer of lady fingers and dip them in espresso. Layer with remaining chocolate mousse and 1/3 of a can of cherry pie filling.
  9. For the topping:
  10. Place mixing bowl in the freezer for 5-10 minutes to chill. Pour heavy cream and whisk into chilled bowl, and use an electric mixer to beat heavy cream on medium-high speed until cream gets bubbly. Slowly add powdered sugar and continuing beating on high speed until stiff peaks form. Spread over top of cake. Garnish with a drizzle of chocolate fudge sauce.
  11. Refrigerate 4 hours to allow all ingredients to set before serving.
Honored Contributor

Next IngredientSmiley Tongueoster’s Choice 

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123 

Oh, my!  That looks sooooo gooooood!

Next ingredient: Poster's Choice

~ house cat ~