Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 

I had to change my diet some time ago - so I've experimented with many different types of pastas and brands. My favorite is brown rice pasta and the brands I like best are:  Jovial and Tinkyada.  Both brands offer different varieties to choose from:  penne, elbows, fettucini, spaghetti, etc.  I kind of love them all, with penne maybe being my first choice.  You might find these at supermarkets in the heath food section or you can order online.  I order from vitacost.com but I'm sure there are lots of places to order.  

Honored Contributor

Re: NON-WHEAT PASTAS

[ Edited ]

Now that we’ve eliminated grains and sugar from our diet, we substitute riced cauliflower or canned hearts of palm “pasta”.  The brand I use is Palmini.  It comes in linguine and lasagna sheets.  The key to using them is to soak them in plain, unsweetened almond milk (or other unsweetened, non-dairy milk) for 20 mins before cooking. 

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch   I have never heard of this so looked it up and it sure does sound interesting.

I am going to give it a try. Thank you for mentioning it.

Honored Contributor

Re: NON-WHEAT PASTAS

[ Edited ]

@Carmie- the Palmini “pasta” is a popular option among those who adhere to the ketogenic lifestyle. I order mine from Amazon. The cans contain enough ljnquine for two modest servings and enough lasagna sheets for an 8”x 8” pan. Both happen to be just right for the two of us.  Also, keep in mind that it’s already cooked so after you soak it for 20-30 mins, you only need to rinse it and warm it up.