Honored Contributor

NO SOUP FOR YOU! :)

[ Edited ]

A quick nod to any Seinfeld fans . . . actually, here are 57 soup recipes for everybody:

http://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/g3026/fall-soup-recipes/?slide=2&mag=del&list=nl_dnl_news...

Esteemed Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

A quick nod to any Seinfeld fans . . . actually, here are 57 soup recipes for everybody:

http://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/g3026/fall-soup-recipes/?slide=2&mag=del&list=nl_dnl_news...

I am a soup fanatic, I love it so much. I am making a cuban black bean soup today that Cody2 gave me the recipe for and I can't wait to taste it. These recipes look really good. Thanks for sharing @momtochloe!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

I am a soup fanatic, I love it so much. I am making a cuban black bean soup today that Cody2 gave me the recipe for and I can't wait to taste it. These recipes look really good. Thanks for sharing @momtochloe!

@Irshgrl31201 hmmmm . . .  soup fanatic eh? . . . is there a group that I could sign up for that for? . . . sigh, I am terrible when it comes to actually making soup!

It amuses me when I stroll by a soup kiosk in a store so I buy a small cup and enjoy it but getting me to make a pot on my own is like pulling teeth . . . ugh!

I suppose I should read my own thread right? . . . tee hee! . . . Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@momtochloe

Thanks so much for sharing; I was excited to see the possibility of so many potentially new soups for winter. Unfortunately, I have no patience for this new modern way of setting up news & recipes…one frame at a time, so idea what is to come, etc. I can’t wait while each one individually loads on my computer to see if I might be interested. I had hoped there was a list of the various soups with a link to each recipe so you could look over the list and go to what sounded good. I don’t know who has time to go through everything one frame at a time, but it sure is a format that is used frequently these days amd it drives me nuts. This is just another idiosyncrasy of mine, but you were kind to share the link.

Your message did bring back fond memories of that Seinfeld episode.

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Honored Contributor

@Havarti wrote:

@momtochloe

Thanks so much for sharing; I was excited to see the possibility of so many potentially new soups for winter. Unfortunately, I have no patience for this new modern way of setting up news & recipes…one frame at a time, so idea what is to come, etc. I can’t wait while each one individually loads on my computer to see if I might be interested. I had hoped there was a list of the various soups with a link to each recipe so you could look over the list and go to what sounded good. I don’t know who has time to go through everything one frame at a time, but it sure is a format that is used frequently these days amd it drives me nuts. This is just another idiosyncrasy of mine, but you were kind to share the link.

Your message did bring back fond memories of that Seinfeld episode.

@Havarti thanks for your kind words and I so hope you are able to find and enjoy some recipes within the link.

I have a very old laptop and not the best internet service so I understand having to pick your battles in terms of finding recipes so to speak.  I only click on those recipes that look like maybe would be a good match for me.

So More Soup for You my friend . . .. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I hate anything that goes frame by frame, its just a way to clog your mind with more advertising. 

Esteemed Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 hmmmm . . .  soup fanatic eh? . . . is there a group that I could sign up for that for? . . . sigh, I am terrible when it comes to actually making soup!

It amuses me when I stroll by a soup kiosk in a store so I buy a small cup and enjoy it but getting me to make a pot on my own is like pulling teeth . . . ugh!

I think a lot of people are like that actually @momtochloe. I think I make a lot of soup because my mom did. I like to put a ton of veggies in them like kale (all kinds of greens actually), sweet potatoes, regular potatoes, all the regular ones like onions, carrots and celery, the list just goes on and on. I also love to put a lot of great spices and herbs in them because a lot of those spices are great for the immune system and anti-inflammatory qualities. Love ginger in soups too which aides in digestion.

When my daughter was young I cooked on Sundays and I would make meals for the whole week and freeze so I didn't have to cook after getting home late. I would usually make 2 or 3 varieties of soups and I would put as many vegetables in them as I could. I love all kind of bean and legumes too so a lot of the time they would be meatless and that would be our dinner and it had everything in it. I still probably make 2-3 different kinds especially in the winter. My husband wasn't a huge soup eater until he met me and now he really loves it. Tonight I am making that Cuban black bean that cody2 gave me the recipe for (and it tastes great btw, I just tasted it) and I am making bread in my bread machine. It is so easy, you just dump the ingredients in and it does all the work and then you have really good fresh bread.

He used to think of soup as an appetizer but now he sees how nutritional and filling it can be as a meal with a variety of veggies (the color of he rainbow) and different proteins. 

Thanks again for these. I am printing some out right now!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

I think a lot of people are like that actually @momtochloe. I think I make a lot of soup because my mom did. I like to put a ton of veggies in them like kale (all kinds of greens actually), sweet potatoes, regular potatoes, all the regular ones like onions, carrots and celery, the list just goes on and on. I also love to put a lot of great spices and herbs in them because a lot of those spices are great for the immune system and anti-inflammatory qualities. Love ginger in soups too which aides in digestion.

When my daughter was young I cooked on Sundays and I would make meals for the whole week and freeze so I didn't have to cook after getting home late. I would usually make 2 or 3 varieties of soups and I would put as many vegetables in them as I could. I love all kind of bean and legumes too so a lot of the time they would be meatless and that would be our dinner and it had everything in it. I still probably make 2-3 different kinds especially in the winter. My husband wasn't a huge soup eater until he met me and now he really loves it. Tonight I am making that Cuban black bean that cody2 gave me the recipe for (and it tastes great btw, I just tasted it) and I am making bread in my bread machine. It is so easy, you just dump the ingredients in and it does all the work and then you have really good fresh bread.

He used to think of soup as an appetizer but now he sees how nutritional and filling it can be as a meal with a variety of veggies (the color of he rainbow) and different proteins. 

Thanks again for these. I am printing some out right now!

@Irshgrl31201 growing up we didn't have a lot of soups (just split pea after we would have ham for Easter or my mom's fabulous liver dumpling soup).  If my dad didn't like, we didn't have it . . . Smiley Happy

Since it's just me I am still finding my footing in terms of what works for me in terms of cooking.  I would love to try cody2's black bean soup recipe, any chance you could share it or direct me to where I could find it please?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: NO SOUP FOR YOU! :)

[ Edited ]

Hey @momtochloe I sure do have it. Here you go. I love split pea too btw. So good in the winter. 

http://eat.at/swap/forum1/95686_Rec_Cuban_Black_Bean_Soup

Cody2 told me she put a jalapeno in the beans while she was soaking them overnight which I did too. I also minced up a whole fresh jalapeno (seeds included) and added that to it along with more garlic. We love the garlic and spice here. lol!! I also added a ham hock because that just adds such good flavor but the recipe didn't call for it and I am sure it would have been good without it.  I have to say, I have tried several recipes at home and none ever measured up to my favorite one at Bahama Breeze restaurant. This was really super. My husband loved it too. This soup is really filling and it is a meal, at least to us it is.

I usually change recipes up a little. I just know what I like for example I like things spicier and I love garlic so I usually add more of that. 

I hope you like it. It is really easy to make. 

JFK
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for sharing this @momtochloe 😊  So many yummy looking recipes!  My guys love Chicken Parmesan, so I will try that chicken parm soup recipe first.