Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

Hey @momtochloe I sure do have it. Here you go. I love split pea too btw. So good in the winter. 

http://eat.at/swap/forum1/95686_Rec_Cuban_Black_Bean_Soup

Cody2 told me she put a jalapeno in the beans while she was soaking them overnight which I did too. I also minced up a whole fresh jalapeno (seeds included) and added that to it along with more garlic. We love the garlic and spice here. lol!! I also added a ham hock because that just adds such good flavor but the recipe didn't call for it and I am sure it would have been good without it.  I have to say, I have tried several recipes at home and none ever measured up to my favorite one at Bahama Breeze restaurant. This was really super. My husband loved it too. This soup is really filling and it is a meal, at least to us it is.

I usually change recipes up a little. I just know what I like for example I like things spicier and I love garlic so I usually add more of that. 

I hope you like it. It is really easy to make. 

Oh thank you so much @Irshgrl31201 for this recipe as it doesn't have those pesky tomatoes (for someone that uses ketchup virtually every day it is stunning how much I abhor tomatoes in their natural state).

Thanks for taking the time my friend as I truly appreciate it!  This is the kind of recipe that I could morph into other dishes so for me it's already a keeper . . . Smiley Happy

And ps, I love split pea soup.  I could eat it every day . . . such good memories of plunking that horrendous looking ham bone into a pot with a bag of dried peas and a few hours later . . . nirvana . . . Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

Hey @momtochloe I sure do have it. Here you go. I love split pea too btw. So good in the winter. 

Cody2 told me she put a jalapeno in the beans while she was soaking them overnight which I did too. I also minced up a whole fresh jalapeno (seeds included) and added that to it along with more garlic. We love the garlic and spice here. lol!! I also added a ham hock because that just adds such good flavor but the recipe didn't call for it and I am sure it would have been good without it.  I have to say, I have tried several recipes at home and none ever measured up to my favorite one at Bahama Breeze restaurant. This was really super. My husband loved it too. This soup is really filling and it is a meal, at least to us it is.

I usually change recipes up a little. I just know what I like for example I like things spicier and I love garlic so I usually add more of that. 

Oh thank you so much @Irshgrl31201 for this recipe as it doesn't have those pesky tomatoes (for someone that uses ketchup virtually every day it is stunning how much I abhor tomatoes in their natural state).

Thanks for taking the time my friend as I truly appreciate it!  This is the kind of recipe that I could morph into other dishes so for me it's already a keeper . . . Smiley Happy

And ps, I love split pea soup.  I could eat it every day . . . such good memories of plunking that horrendous looking ham bone into a pot with a bag of dried peas and a few hours later . . . nirvana . . . Heart

No problem! I hope you like it. It really is  recipe that can morph. Cody said it freezes well too! 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

Re: NO SOUP FOR YOU! :)

[ Edited ]

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

No problem! I hope you like it. It really is  recipe that can morph. Cody said it freezes well too! 

Seriously @Irshgrl31201 I cannot thank you enough for this recipe as this is my kind of eating as you can morph this into different and future meals so making a full portion (for me) works very well.

Thank you my friend, mucho appreciated!

@eta, thank you @cody2 as I think this may be your recipe and I just wanted to say thank you for my future culinary bliss . . . .Smiley Happy