Super Contributor

Re: NEED SIMPLE RECIPE FOR CHEESY SCALLOPED POTATOES

@Nightowlzwrote:

I found this online a while back but have never tried it. If you try it let us all know how it is?

Scalloped Potatoes

Copyright 1969, Page 66

Thanks for that recipe. I made it earlier today using cream of mushroom soup and I added shredded sharp cheddar cheese. I need to make a few changes to it next time, like make sure my potato slices are a bit thinner. It's very simple to make. 

Honored Contributor

@TTerriwrote:

@Nightowlzwrote:

I found this online a while back but have never tried it. If you try it let us all know how it is?

Scalloped Potatoes

Copyright 1969, Page 66

Thanks for that recipe. I made it earlier today using cream of mushroom soup and I added shredded sharp cheddar cheese. I need to make a few changes to it next time, like make sure my potato slices are a bit thinner. It's very simple to make. 

@TTerri Thanks for replying & the tips. I will have to try it some time.

Super Contributor

I made these again recently with cream of chicken soup and they were gross so I'm sticking with cream of mushroom soup.

Valued Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

@IamMrsG wrote:

@tends2dogs  Our DIL made the following recipe, and I embarrassed myself by eating so much of it.  I couldn't resist.

Cheesy Potatoes

2 lb Hash Browns, Country Style

1/4 cup butter
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 pint Sour Cream
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup onion, chopped finely
10 oz Sharp Cheddar Cheese

2 cup Corn Flakes
1/4 cup butter, melted

Soften hash browns.

Combine first six ingredients (Butter through Cheese)

Mix ingredients with hash browns and place in baking dish.

Crush Corn Flakes and combine w/ melted Butter. Place mixture on top of potatoes.

Bake at 350 for about 1 hour uncovered or until hot.

I make this exact recipe and everyone always loves it. But I've never done the corn flakes topping! I'm definitely going to add it this Thanksgiving! Thanks for the recipe!

I make this but use French's French Fried Onions on the top instead of the corn flakes.  So good!! 

Super Contributor

Make the Aunt Bertie's scalloped potatoes and add lots of cracker barrel cheddar cheese to them.  They are out of this world delicous!!!