Honored Contributor

I had pulled this recipe out of a magazine months ago.  I finally tried it last week and it worked.

6 lemons
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar

4 large eggs

Grate 2 T zest from the lemons.  Squeeze lemons to equal 1 cup juice.  Beat together butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer.  Add eggs one at a time, beat until just blended.  Add the lemon juice to the butter mixture, beating at low speed until blended, stir in the zest.  Transfer to 3 qt microwave safe bowl.  

Microwave on high for 5 minutes, stirring at 1 minute intervals.  Microwave, stirring at 30 second intervals, 1-2 more minutes until mixture thickens and starts to mound slightly when stirred.  

Place plastic wrap directly on the warm curd, chill 4 hours or until firm.  Chill in an airtight container up to 2 weeks.  

Makes approximately 2 cups.  

I also tried a recipe for candied lemon slices that I will post separately.  

Honored Contributor

Re: QUICK AND EASY LEMON CURD

Wish it would keep longer than two weeks.

Honored Contributor

How about buying a can of lemon pie filling?

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Esteemed Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

How about buying a can of lemon pie filling?

@Group 5 minus 1

@DiAnne

Hollysunshine,

Lemon pie filling cannot substitute for lemon curd or even begin to taste like it.  There's a wonderful intensity and viscosity to lemon curd that cannot be duplicated in a can of stuff made from chemicals, flavorings and maybe a bit of bottled juice.

Esteemed Contributor

@DiAnne

Thank you so much for this new lemon curd technique.  Was just thinking the other day that it was time I made my lemon poppyseed bundt cake again, but it really goes over the top with some lemon curd drizzled over each slice.

Now I won't have an excuse for not making it by end of week.

Thanks, again.  XXX